Do I have lupus?

Posted , 3 users are following.

A while back someone mentioned that the symptoms of my mysterious illness sounded like lupus and with research I had to agree. Almost every single symptom possible I was experiencing. Plus, my grandpa has an autoimmune disease so I am genetically more susceptible to having one. I haven’t been too sick for a few months now but I am suddenly sick again and experiencing the worst pain in my back and leg than I have ever had before. My mom says I’m being dramatic and there’s no way I have lupus because I haven’t been sick in a few months. Is this true? Or can lupus seem to disappear for a while? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

lupus never goes away, it only lies dormant in the body for a while until some external triggers it. To make sure that whether or not you have lupus, ask your doctor for help. But the diagnosis seems to be hard. Also, there're some autoimmune diseases confused with lupus

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.