Do I have normal tension glaucoma or not? 28 years old, scared.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I was followed by an ophthalmologist for about 2 years as glaucoma suspect. I am 28, male, very near sighted (-9.00). I always have a "normal" eye pressure, ranges from 12-17. Three years ago I was doing the routine eye exam and the doctor told me I had some vision field loss as well as damaged optic nerve in my right eye (by OCT). However, it appeared never progressing in the last 2 years so he told me it was probably congenital defects. Recently I started to feel weird in my right eye and seemed to lose a little bit more vision field, optic nerve no change (confirmed by OCT). So I am on glaucoma drops now (Bimatoprost 0.01%). However, the doctor is still telling me it is possibly congenital defect, not glaucoma.

Dose anyone have similar situation before??? How can I prevent being bind before 60 years old...I am so scared and searched a lot of youtube videos on how to live if you are blind...  

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Shawn,

I know it has been some time since you first posted it. However, since I might be in the same situation as you were, I was curious to know how you were doing and how your situation is developing.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Lucy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.