Do I have oesophagitis??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I started getting chest pain and short of breath whilst on honeymoon in America 5 weeks ago (just after escaping hurricane Irma). I had also recently been taking erythromycin and also a 'slimatee' sachets pre wedding (I know - stupid). 

Had to get emergency care in America, they diagnosed panic attack after ecg and bloods & prescribed lorazepam.felt awful for rest of trip and went straight to a&e on my return, another ecg and blood test and chest X-ray to rule out blood clot. All was fine. Dr seemed to guess it might be oesophagitis as my stomach is tender and my chest pain feels like a heart attack. Went to the Dr's the day after & was prescribed a few days of anti-anxiety pills. Took omeprazole for 2 weeks and stopped, after few days chest pain came back and feeling burpy and short of breath, but also is a stressful time in work and financially. Have gone back on omeprazole but no idea if it's the right thing to do. Going to go back to doctors but I'm predicting they'll say it's just stress. Wondering if anyone has any advice or similar experience? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen,

Hope your feeling better. Congratulations on our marriage!

In my opinion, in losing weight, herbal teas (laxative) are not safe. They can cause diarrhea(which can cause dehydration and loss of electrolytes, etc. Also, me Personally, I would Investigate my symptoms First before I take a anti anxiety/antidepressant

You said you were on an antibiotic. Don't know if you had a bacterial infection or other.

Esophagitis Can cause Chest pain after Eating. If I eat too much I get palpitations and or Chest pain (Now chest pain)

I Have Esophagitis 8 years

This Is My Case!

Don't no if you had the procedure, but, Endoscopy and Esophagram could confirm.

If my heart rate/ blood pressure goes too high I can get palpitations also

Of course only pressure monitor can confirm. I take mine everyday

Once Again This is my Case

Check it Out for your peace of mind

I see different doctors to get the whole picture for my issues, ie, Ent is treating me for Lpr/reflux, but also will get treated by gastroenterologist for Gastroparesis, which can make reflux worse

Take care

Maria

• Posted

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your reply.

I was on erythromycin for skin, I broke out in spots due to stress earlier this year and stopped taking them about mid-August. The dr I saw in emergency dept said these might have triggered oesophagitis.

My blood pressure was measured and was fine. My chest pain is pretty constant in the centre of my chest ((more towards left side) and my stomach (around diaphragm)feels tender and hard. Sometimes the pain goes down my left arm, which then makes me go into a panic.

I don't feel like I have had a proper diagnosis as the last doctor just prescribed anti-anxiety.

Thank you for your advice

Jen

• Posted

I previously had a lot of hoarseness in my throat and sometimes

LOsing my voice completely, now I have heartburn and suffer with chronic breathlessness.

I have been treated with Nexium and Ramitidine but nothing is working.

I am very limited in doing much at all, cannot walk

very far without wanting to sit down, have a burning hot painful throat, have tried antibiotics, no Help? I have no quality of life now.

Can someone please help me?

Kind Regards,

Carmen

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.