Do I have Oral Thrush?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone. My tongue and the inside of mouth has a white layer. I've had this as long as I can remember because I never really took it seriously enough to look into it.

I have tried plenty of home remedies such as coconut oil and sodium bicarbonate but it never really helped.

My tongue tends to be white the most in the mornings when I go to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

Pics attached, can someone check and tell me if it is indeed fungal infection?

Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well, from what I can see in the pictures you have provided, it doesn't look like there is anything unusual with your tongue.

As for the rest of the inside of your mouth, I can't see it.

The white layer you're talking about is probably just an excess of bacteria and small pieces of dead cells that come off the inside of the mouth.

A simple solution may be to increase your daily water intake to maintain the hydration of your mouth and a good salivary flow.

Otherwise, I advise you to talk to a dentist and to be careful when using sodium bicarbonate inside the mouth, because this substance is highly corrosive to the teeth.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I did not provide any pictures of the inside of my mouth, but I can confirm the inside of my mouth including the roof, have a white layer and I have a feeling it shouldn't be like that. If the inside my mouth is white as as well, does that mean I most likely have oral thrush?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.