Do I have oral thrush

Posted , 4 users are following.

My tongue has a dry "fuzzy" feeling to it. I'm trying to figure out if it's thrush.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have a picture to upload, but I'm not sure how.

• Posted

Honestly best bet is to see a dentist. Thrush spreads fast and its not worth guessing.
  • Posted

If you have oral thrush it looks like a white covering. It also affects your throats too.

Reason why I know this is because I have to take asthma meds it causes thrush in my mouth. Just keep your teeth and tongue clean twice a day. You can use a back tooth gloss tool like I do and scar ape it off as far back as you can go without making yourself be sick..

Use mouth wash no alcohol. Don't use the Ines that contain it. They are no good for your teeth.As my dentist told me. You can also get something over the counter like drops to put on your tongue it will get rid of it. Go talk to your dentist or pharmacist. They will tell you whether you have it or not.

• Posted

Oral thrush is a fungal infection of the mouth. It is not contagious and is usually successfully treated with antifungal medication.

It is also called oral candidosis (or candidiasis) because it is caused by a group of yeasts called Candida.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.