Do i have ovarian cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

am a 27 year old mother of 2. Recently i desided to practice what i preach as a case manager in which i got a pcp. I thought im young and healthy so why worry. At my first pcp appointment in years i had blood work done. The blood work destroyed my life. I webmd and googled all my results and symptoms. It said pancreatic cancer. I was told i had elevated liver enzyme alt which stressed me out so bad that i lost my appitite and started feeling physically sick to where i ended up going to the er. The er did an upper abdominal scan which came back normal. Well then i slowly started feeling better until i had some left side cramping though i was not on my period or ovulation. I was on antibiotics though. Ive had low back pain for a while and i have always peed alot. I once again got on webmd and convinced myself that i have ovarian cancer because i have all the symptoms listed on google. I have lost my appitite onve again in which i went to the er again. They did a pelvic exam and said they did not feel any enlarged ovarie. My period also changed in the last few months. My period used to be heavy but are now lighter. I told the doctor but she was not too concerned. Im having a pelvic ultrasound on tuesday but it seems so far away

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did they run a CA125 blood test? That is a marker for ovarian cancer all though it doesn't prove it really is. 

I would stop googling about it if it is having such negative results for your day to day life. 

I have a cyst at the minute and have the blood test on Tuesday. Reading the internet has helped me as it showed me how common cysts are and how very rare they are cancerous. 

Try not to worry, Tuesday is just around the corner. 

• Posted

I also had a vaginal ultra sound it found a cyst on the adnexa wall on the right and a cyst inside my left ovary. The nurse assured me they were fluid filled. I also had a small amount of free fluid in my pelvis. I still so scared.
    • Posted

Hi Victoria, I hope you are ok, it's fairly normal for us all to worry about these things and I believe that's likely why most of us ended up here smile . We're all here to help. There are alot of posts from ladies on here who have been so, so worried and it's so comforting to read they have had very positive outcomes, it might be worth a look, it may give you some reassurance. Are you being seen or are being referred to a gynecologist? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.