Do I have PCOS? Anyone experience these symptoms?? Please advise

Posted , 2 users are following.

ultrasounds showed no cysts, bloodtest showed normal estrogen and progesterone hormone levels yet here is am with acne, excruciatingly immobilizing wretched twisting tedious sharp stabbing burning pain followed by total exhustion, Nausea, fainting and body Aches oh not to mention Insomnia my period is due in seven days it be come earlier or later than that I'm used to slight irregularity and not to mention the fact that I've been bed bound for 4 days it hurts to lay down on both my sides, my back and my tummy, I have Migraines too and I'm so irritated, anxious and kinda depressed has anyone been here??? I'm so tired....... waiting to see the 5th gynecologist rolleyes

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there... first of i can relate to all your symptoms very very well... except i have pcos diagnosed but they found cysts on my ultrasound. Of course its not fully ruled out for you but it does make it much more unlikely... one thing id look in to if your gynea hasnt already looked in to is endometriosis i was succesfully diagnosed with that 2 months a go.. the only way for it to be seen is through surgury.. basically its the lining of your womb growing outside of it... no one knows why this happens butwould relate to why your in pain! I hope this helps and stay strong i know what your going through with the endless battles to be heard... it took me years one thing that could be worth it as it worked for me was get a private gynea appointment not on the nhs theyre so much faster plus they spend a decent amount of time with you... x
    • Posted

thank you that was somewhat comforting ofcourse not the fact that you experience pain of any kind

Doctors suspect both endo & PCOS as well because I've been told by several doctors that an ultrasound is never the only way to determine whether a patient does have PCOS or not, needles to say though that I have every symptom in the book for both I am waiting to see yet another gynecologist soon and hopefully narrow things down and confirm a diagnosis at least some clarity for me and hopefully begin a treatment

Laparoscopy has been suggested as the one and only ideal method of knowing whether I have endo or not but being only 23 years old makes me a little hesitant to go for such an invasive procedure you know...... if you don't mind me asking how old were you when you had the surgery? And generally speaking how was it in terms of pain and recovery time? And are you given any particular medication to help with endo symptoms/pain or is it just the surgery? Endmoterial lining does tend to grow back so do the adhesion so are you expected to have another procedure semi-annually or are you on some kind of treatment instead?

Thanks

• Posted

Well im only 20 my self and was 20 when i had the procedure.. honestly its not as bad as your think the laproscopy it was worth it 100x they found a lot of bad endo in me which had to be burnt away but the recovery was pretty easy and they have nothing as yet to prevent it in tablet form but i do have to go back every year if symptoms worsen plus its only key hole ao min scaring! Its so worth it even just to rule it out! Also what ive done is change my diet completely... i now no longer eat gluten and dairy and thats so much better
    • Posted

Waw that's incredible I really am considering it and will definitely discuss this option further with my gynecologist it would be amazing to have any endo adhesions burned off and if I had none it would be great to rule it out like you said absaloutly it is great hearing this from you knowing this from your perspective helps tremendously thank you so much Jessica I really appreciate it :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.