Do I have Pinworms or something else?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm reaching out because idk if I have pinworms or and just being a hypercondriac. Before going into it let me say that I'm an epileptic and am on 2 medications for it, Topomax and Keppra (keppra makes my skin itch on and off and always had. I use lotion but sometimes it just does and the weather is a factor and so is stress because I have eczema.) My medication is also an appetite suppressant. And I have never had "regular" BM's bc I have IBS. But lately, like the past week, my bottom has been a little itchy. Nothing intense or exteme, just enough to notice. Sometimes it's not there or sometimes it's just as small as itching your nose or sometimes it's a little bit more but it's never been like a rash. I've never had a yeast infection or found anything in my underwear or stool or bedsheets. And it usually itches in the morning and not at night. And it's not my actual anus, more like the top of my butt crack. And I still have regular intercourse with my fiance (he thinks nothing is wrong with me and I'm overthinking it. Maybe I should note that he's totally fine. Nothing is wrong with him). Any advice or insight would definitely help! Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

Threadworms can affect you in the day and night but if you're getting no symptoms whatsoever at night I don't think it is threadworms as they lay most of their eggs at that time. Do you feel any crawling or just itching? I feel them crawling and it's horrendous but I've actually seen them with a mirror so I know 100% they are threadworms.

• Posted

No, I've never seen anything. And I don't think I've felt anything like that. That sounds just aweful. And I pay attention to that area, especially right now because I'm on my period. I think maybe I was itchy and I got psychosomatic symptoms. I mean yeah sometimes I get itchy but it's nothing intense.

• Posted

I would just like to add that for the past two nights I've been fine. Ill maybe scratch once or twice but nothing excessive that would make me worry. But today, I'm on my period and wearing a pad and I'm quite itchy down there. Idk if it's those two things or I read it could be hemorrhoids (I have IBS, that and being on my period could definitely irritate things). I'm trying to be rational but also try to figure this out. Would you find anything in your sheets if you did have them? I'm not bloated or constipated. I have eczema rashes on my arms though. And wouldn't my boyfriend start having symptoms too? Sorry, just trying to piece this together and figure this out. It's been about two weeks since it started and it's about the same. Not worse, not better. Sometimes there's nothing. Not much activity at night. Mostly in the morning and I'm not that physically active (I don't workout or have a job).

• Posted

I’m not a doctor but you probably don’t have pinworms . They only come out at night or after 6pm in my experience. Your anus is probably one of the most sensitive parts in the body, and taking powerful medications might affect it. You can have many reasons for an itchy butt due to your many health problems. However I’m not saying you 100% don’t have them, it’s just unlikely .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.