Do I have Plantar Fascitis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Two nights ago I woke up with a terrible pain in my right foot. I fell back asleep, and it was still sore the rest of the day. By the end of the day I was in so much pain I couldn’t walk. My right foot is constantly throbbing, and I cannot put any weight on it whatsoever. The only thing is I really don’t have any pain in my heel. My pain is mostly on the sides of my foot, around the base of my toes, and the top of my foot. I’ve been icing, and keeping it propped up but it continues to worsen. I read about the exercise, but I can’t even do those the pain is so intense. Does anyone have any advice if this is plantar fasciitis since my heel doesn’t hurt? Help! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Certainly does not sound like PF as I have known it but more like Gout which I also have. The good news is that gout is easily controlled so go to a doctor and get a blood test.
  • Posted

Doesn't sound like plantar fasciitis.  Ice and elevating your foot is fine to start but I agree with Christopher you need to get a medical opinion then you can sort a plan.  Pain relief may help your doctor can advise.  Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.