Do I have prostate cancer

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I had bladder biopsy 6 weeks ago and got letter saying no cancer found 2 weeks ago I had prostate biopsy and have had no results back only a letter to say they want to do MRI scan and bone scan I am now very worked that I have prostate cancer 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Thomas it's your body and there really should have been a follow up appointment  after your prostate biopsy results  were in . Can you see your Dr before you go for those scans.? Make sure they are communicating results with you 

• Posted

Not a professional way to handle the results of a biopsy.  I would demand a consultation to discuss the biopsy results.  What are your recent PSA results?  Your recent DRE?  If you don't know the above you need to have those discussions.  Likewise when you have these discussions I am sure you have questions that need to be answered to YOUR satisfaction.   

• Posted

Try not to worry so much, but I wouldn't go through any more tests until they talk to you about the prostate biopsy results. Did they not get a 3T MRI done before a biopsy was done? The doctor needs to be in contact with you about this. Not very professional in my opinion. I would be a little upset with my doctor. I just had biopsies done of my colon and rectum as I have Crohn's disease and my doctor talked to me about the results right away, so why has that step been missed? Call the doctor and ask them about it. I told my doctor I didn't want any biopsies taken and she asked why. I told her I don't heal well after and tend to bleed. She said I will do as you ask, but I would recommend it, so I alowed some to be taken, lukily they found nothing. The point is, this is your body and health. You tell them what you want. It seems to me you would like better communication between you and your doctor. That isn't too much to ask for. Hang in there and don't be worried, just take control of the situation. I wish you luck.

• Posted

I agree the Doctors' communication could be better, but at least your needs are being assessed. They may not have much to tell you until you have had these other scans. You may have Prostate Cancer, but it sounds to me as if they are doing well by you to discover it . Remember it is now much rarer for a man to die of it  and once these investigations identify it, remedies can be discussed and implemented. You should be concerned but not over worried. This is now all about managing your mental attitude. I've had it diagnosed for several years now and have no treatment as it is being well monitored and is not growing or spreading. You can live with it, too. You probably won't die of it. Think positively and keep hope.

• Posted

August 29th 2015  I lost my husband Dave at age 64 to PC . As did 6 other women and the ages of their men were like Dave all under 68 This was just within a few weeks of each other .. I have a very good Freind and her husband will probably  not be here by the end of this month 

. MEN  prostate cancer is a killer !!!! Throughout the the 27 months from diagnosis to death  when we told people and their reaction was that Dave was " Lucky "he had the easy cancer to cure . It goes to show the total uneducation of the public at large . Some men are lucky they can be treated and deemed cured to live to old age . But many are not that lucky .The saddest thing in the world was living those 27 months with Dave every day and in the end see the cancer take him 

• Posted

So very sorry to hear that you lost your husband due to prostrate cancer.Thankfully mine was picked up quite early by accident as I had been trying to get my doctor to get to the bottom of why I was feeling tired most mornings and one of the tests showed that my PSA was about 5. I should hasten to say that this was not the cause of my tiredness!

I've been successfully treated now but am constantly surprised at how little information there is in doctors waiting rooms for men regarding this killer desease. I always bring it up in conversations when I have the opportunity.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Yours is a timely reminder of the dangers of Prostate Cancer, and if it had been posted elsewhere I would have praised you for sharing your tragic story. There does need to be better awareness and men should do all they can to get checked and to co-operate and particpate actively in medical tests and intervention. However, thomas14197 is already getting the tests and checks and he is already worried. Worry won't help him, and I venture to suggest your story won't help him. Prostate cancer isn't always as disastrous as your unfortunate husband and friends. I'm a testament to that. I am not complacent, but view myself as living not dying of this disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.