Do i have schizophrenia??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was researching about Hallucinating, and I saw that it was linked to Schizophrenia, and Isaw the symptoms and it seems that i had the same symptoms. For example, hallucinating, I would hear creepy sounds, someone slamming the door, someone screaming across the street, humming sound, and also sounds telling me im worthless, stupid etc, and when i was younger i would talk to my imaginary friends, and imagine scary things in my room that aren't actually there. And also I experience delusion, I'm afraid all the time and I'm always worried, wherever I go, I would think that someone behind me if following me and trying to kidnap me, and sometimes I think my parents adopted me while I'm actually not. And I used to have that I have super powers like moving objects via my mind or controlling waves. And I used to think that people see my appearance as if imSomeone else. Also I believe that one day I will meet the people that I've seen in my dreams, and other weird stuff. Whenever I hear creepy thing or imagine scary things, I would just start shaking and my heart start beating so fast. And I have that feeling when I'm sleeping that someone behind me is going to stab me. I've always had depression because uhm let's say I just have a sh*tty life, and I experience a lot of mood swings (a lot) I would be nice and in a moment I would just start screaming and hitting myself and pulling my hair.

Do I have schizophrenia?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You will not know unless you seek medical help.

Whatever you do, do not just let it ride - you do need help, so please get it.

• Posted

Usually people who recognise that they have hallucinations are not schizophrenic. There are however a lot of other mental illnesses that your symptoms could be interpreted as. For example bipolar, or borderline personality disorder.

I would not recommend self-diagnosis, or Dr Google either! I would get an appointment with your GP as soon as possible, Monday preferably, explain to them that it is a mental health issue and you need urgent help and you should be offered a same day appointment.

All the best. Let us know what the Dr does say in the end!

• Posted

I do that too I've self harmed for a long time not been out the house in 8 yrs
    • Posted

Soulrasta, I have just read your post and I am wondering how you manage with your life, as you have not been out of the house for so long?

Anxiety and depression are dreadful life-changing disorders that should really be constantly monitored by a medical team including a psychiatrist, so I am  concerned that you have got the necessary medical support that you need, or if you are trying to go it alone which is not a good idea.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.