Do i have spinal problems? TEENAGER

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 17 year old and my left side keeps being down and theres no symetry to the right one.

My mom has told me that i kinda look handicaped walking cause i always put more pressure on my left leg.

PLEASE TELL ME IF I SHOULD GO DO A X-ray or something like that

I

I am scared that it might bring many problems, it looks like a big drift on spine or something like that... dont know

Help me pls

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You need to see an orthopedist not your pediatrician.  They'll do x-rays and give you a diagnosis.

• Posted

Hi I'd guess you have the same as me. Scoliosis. But could be wrong. Mine suddenly started age 16 the quicker it's looked at the better. Sometimes it's not too bad. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for your opinion ! I will be seeing a orthopedist this friday and will let you guys know about it , hopefully its nothing that cant be fixed easily !!
  • Posted

Checked up with the orthopedist today, it seems that i dont have scoliosis or a longer/smaller leg

But something is wrong with me so i will be doing double x-rays in day 16.

A xray to my back, spine

And other x ray to my hips

Will check up after with you guys, my bet is on unheven hips

• Posted

OK well that's good news so far! Good luck.

• Posted

It turns out that my left leg is 1cm shorter and as he has told me, the rate in the population of that happening is quite high and there's nothing that i can do about it

And yes, back a bit bent, due to legg

If anyone interested, i can post the x rays if you curious xd

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.