Do I have std

Posted , 3 users are following.

After four months since last having sex (protected) I suddenly had a burning / weird sensation only after urination. It started exactly the day after I went to go get a random std/hiv check up.it has Bern going on since May 26. Sometimes its on and off randomly or first occur at all. My testicles and stomach have been hurting on and off as well. Im freaking out waiting on my results

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

It could be cystitis which is usually a bacterial infection of the urinary tract which would explain why you also have discomfort in your 'stomach' / abdomen where bladder is located.

You must wait for your results. If cystitis is diagnosed it's easily treated with an antibiotic.I wish you well.

Christopher

• Posted

When ever you get an STD check, you should check for all and not some. Make sure you request hsv 1 & 2, as they are not included in a full STD panel.

Did you have oral sex as well?

• Posted

You really should go do a full panel and make sure to request for herpes to be sure.
    • Posted

I will. But I dont feel like it could be that based off my symptoms.

Every thing I've tried to look up points to std or some other bacterial infections

• Posted

Herpes presents itsekf asymptomaticly in most or such mild symptoms, that it is often mistaken and misdiagnosed as something else.

People absolutely do experience pain in the abdomen and genitals, w no physical sores. It's just better to be safe than sorry.

I'll tell you why it won't be a bacterial STD, because you used protection. Co Dom's however, don't completely protect you from skin to skin contact STDs like herpes and HPV. So it's either cycitis, something w your prostate, UTI or a chance to be herpes.

Just better to be safe than sorry.

• Posted

Thank you for being so informative u really do appreciate it alot. I also was under the impression that you cannot contract herpes if the person doesn't have an outbreak and uses protection. Well thats what I've heard from various sources
    • Posted

Yeah, unfortunately that's not true and it happens. The virus even in people who get symptoms, which is only 20% or less of us, does something called asymptomatic shedding. So that means there's no signs or symptoms, but there's enough viral particles on the surface of the skin to be contagious. This is how and when most people catch it. About 70% of the people who catch it from someone, isn't even aware they have it, so they're more risk than someone who does know they have it and knows their symptoms.

I just read a medical report last week that 40% of bodies in autopsies have latent HSV 2 in the sacral ganglia nerve (base of the tailbone) & only 5% of those deceased, were clinically diagnosed or had a history of it. So the statistics of personnel having it, is likely much higher than even what the CDC reports.

So your risk of catching it wearing a condom is still pretty low, about 2%, but it still happens... See it all the time on the forums.

I doubt you have it, but as I said... Better to be safe than sorry... Herpes presents in such different ways in everybody.. You read the classic text book symptoms, which is worse cade scenario/full blown symptoms, everyone out there you coukd possibly have, but most don't have any or so mild they have no idea.

You're right at the marjwr when you'd developed antibodies to it as well, so good time for a blood test. Request HSV 1 & 2 IgG.

In the meantime, just relax and not stress. Probably nothing, but hey... Knowledge is power... Keep me a breast

• Posted

Np and good luck. I'm sure it's probably nothing, but it's better you learned something you didn't know right!? ;-)
    • Posted

I havent gotten my results back yet. They are slow and have to send the samples to a lab which takes 4 to 8 weeks. I will disclose that im in another country working, I also lef t out that before any of this occurred I had jock itch not actually knowing what it was. Ithe infected area alot unknowingly. But I've developed a couple of more symptoms : back pain near kidneys and lower. Sharp pain in the "tout" or "goouch" and very dry scaly skin on a part of my penis foreskin (im circumcised)
    • Posted

Hmmm.... Herpes can be mistaken for jock itch and thrush and it can cause a lot of the symptoms you are having.

You can always contact Westover Heights and have them send you a test to do.

Why do you think it was jock itch? Was it a rash?

• Posted

Im in a different country workin and it gets really hot here. I had been sweating alot in the groin area also i noticed two dark patches on my thighs close to the creases of me grown. They twitched extremely often and when I scratched it would get flakey and it looked like a ringworm
    • Posted

I dunno. You really should contact that clinic and pay for them to send you a test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.