Do I have SVT? Please Help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

after having a week long Holter monitor in October and waiting 5 months to see doc at arrhythmia clinic for results ( apt cancelled 5 times)! I finially got an appointment the week before last and they could not find my results! Anyway they have now found them and sent them to me but I have to wait for another appointment which could take months. Can anyone help? Cl Vk on photo below to enlarge results. Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

There is one member who is an expert on this, it looks as if you had one episode of 108 beats a minute, but i,m not an expert only a sufferer.   I,ve had 150 beats a minute woken up from sleep but it slowly went down over an hour, the next one was 197 beats for 2 hours when the hospital gave me adenisone.   108 does not seem serious to me but i,m not an expert.

• Posted

Sorry I can't help but we must live pretty close as I use the hospital as you.  My husband keeps having his appointments cancelled too, it's so frustrating.  It's good to know tha someone close by has SVT too (if you know what I mean).  Hope you get an answer soon.

• Posted

thank you. My first episode was October 2015 so I have now been waiting 18 months for an answer. 
  • Posted

Hi what are you symptoms to make you think you have svt x
    • Posted

Hello

thanks for he reply.

I have had a few 'funny turns' - mostly waking at night with a thump in my chest, chest pain and dizziness, nausea and racing heart. Had echo, ecg and 24 hour monitor to start last March. 24 hour monitor showed 1 SVT of 142bpm for 12 beats. 4 VE's and 3 SVE's. ( not really sure what any of this means)!. Because of that they said it was probably SVT, put me on a beta blocker and organised the 7 day Holter. The main symptoms now are palpitations and fluttering in my chest. Echo and ECG both fine. This has been going on for 18 months now and it is so difficult with the appointments being cancelled to get any answers. just waiting for another appointment now but been told it could be six mosnths!

• Posted

I had hundreds of these incidents during the nights where my heart was racing,it would wake me up, once i went to A and E, they sat me on the side of a bed and took my heart and blood pressure every 10 minutes and it went down, the serious one i had recently was 197 beats a minute and would not stop, they gave me a drug to stop and start my heart 3 times  but it didn,t work so they put me on adenisone.  This one brought me to their attention so now i,m waiting for an ablation.  I did not know how many of us have this condition, i truly thought i was going to die every time it ocurred.

• Posted

It seems act is different for different people with mine it started instently and does not stop it's always 999 and rushed into hospital where the the adenosine does not work and I've been put to sleep to be cardioverted back into rhythm, I've had an ablation in December which I already know wasn't completely sucssesfull and I'm not on perment medication and as time goes hopefully I will not have any more attacks I had 6 last year all needing hospital and cardio versions as last hours last one 12 hours and cardioverted I hope you get to the bottom of yours as sounds like they stop and start themselves most of the time which is a bit more positive as at least they slow down and stop

• Posted

Am now on permanent medication is what I was trying to put but came out as not .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.