Do I have threadworms again?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. I first noticed I have threadworms on 15th may, then I took medication to get rid of them and after 2 weeks took medication again. These are the photos of my anus I took 2 weeks after I took the second dose of medication.

Does this look like a threadworm please? What are the other white dots around the anus please? I experience pain in "bottom stomach area" and have trouble sleeping and occassionally my anus itches - same symptoms I had 4 weeks ago when I first noticed them.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

dear John,

i cant be sure from the photos what the white things are. They could be pinworm eggs..

Have you had a look to see if there are little white worms wriggling in your stools?

i had pinworms for over 3 years though and the symptom of a lower stomach pain is something i experienced.

From my experience, the medication provided temporary relief but didnt solve the issue outright (the symptoms of stomach pain, itching etc.. returned after a week or so). What finally sorted it for me was applying vaseline to the affected area all the time (before going to sleep, waking up, after shower and after going to the toilet). I am informed that this technique works by trapping the eggs and preventing them fertilising (by starving oxygen).

Best wishes,

Simon Peter

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I haven't noticed thin moving worms that look like a thread in the stool, rather a thick white pieces of lenght few milimetres like the one:

Looks nothing like a threadworm to me but what do I know.

• Posted

Ok now I found white threads in stool so I have definitive proof I've got threadworms again. All this day I've been feeling nauseous (unbearable chills for the whole day) and exhausted and barely could get out of the bed. The day before I could not sleep well and fell asleep at like 4:00 AM.

During those 4 weeks of threadworms treatment I did my best to not catch them again. And it was not enough. A common theme in my life for sure. I just wish I was dead to this suffering would end.

• Posted

I will definitely try this out. I will do anything to get out of this. This is hell. Idk why my body is having such a trouble with treadworms.

• Posted

Hello, it's me again. For how long do you recommend applying vaseline? For 14 days? Longer?

• Posted

when I did it (and got rid of them), i did it for at least 6 weeks.

• Edited

Have you been exchanging bedding daily for 6 weeks too?

I'm now 2 weeks in, during those I always applied vaseline, took mebendazole a few times and kept exchanging bedding almost every day (and did my best to avoid sugar). Doesn't look like it helped me so far, I still feel sticky butt when I wake up and I experience mild stomach pain. And today I found something in my stool that could have been threadworm, although I'm not entirely sure, it was completely translucent.

• Posted

Hi, did you ever get rid if whatever infection you had? In the first photos, it doesn't look like a pinworm. it looks more like a flatworm/fluke.

• Edited

It even kinda looks like it could be tapeworm larvae. It sounds pretty serious if you were feeling depressed. I know this was posted 3 years ago but I hope you are doing well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.