Do I have too tight pelvic floor muscles?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been experiencing mild vulva burning/stinging and anus itching for 2 months. My symptoms get worse with a bowel movement and I feel pain during sex. I've seen a gyne and she wasn't able to find any external cause at least. She said that it is not an infection and that there was no nerve trigger points. I'm thinking if these symptoms are then related to my pelvic floor muscles? Or can it be a pudendal nerve damage?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

could possibly be pelvic floor dysfunction.

id stay away from all kegel exercise do to its horrible when you have tight pelvic floor.

try pelvic floor stretches.

also pudendal nerve impingement issues are very very rare and its very very hard to diagnose and the failure rate is high.

• Posted

this could definitely be high tone pelvic floor dysfunction. I have some of the same symptoms when I'm having a flare up. I kind of feels like a UTI. you should get a referral to a urologist or a uro gynecologist.. who can then refer you to a pelvic floor physical therapist. after I did a few weeks of therapy my pain went away and now I just manage symptoms when they pop up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.