Do I have vitiligo?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

A few weeks back I developed a dry patch of skin just above my left eyebrow. I paid no mind to it at all and just put it down to a lack of moisturising, mixed with intense heat here in the UK.

However, as the patch cleared up, I noticed the skin on the area had turned a MUCH lighter shade than my surrounding skin, which had darkened a bit due to sub exposure. This patch has no been here for about a month!File size is too big

Please see the photo, but keep in mind that the lighting is not reflecting how different the shade actually is. It is noticeable to me everyone I look in the mirror.

Is this vitiligo?

Many thanks for all and any assistance.

Shaun

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Shaun,

I have deleted your reply as the link you provided went to "Page not found" if you need to try to upload an image again or post a different link.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.