Do I have vitiligo

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have a look at this image and tell me if this vitiligo or is it something else? I've always had silver-ish hair in that area from birth but never noticed my skin....

https://imgur.com/a/aEx5zTl

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

That white patch does look like vitiligo, especially if it's new or not like that before. Just to make sure I'd keep an eye on it. Plus be sure to check the rest of your body just in case there are spots you haven't noticed. Vitiligo tends to vary from person to person so make sure you alert your doctor just in case.

• Edited

Do you think it could potentially be nevus depigmentosus? I've checked my whole body and there's no sign of it. I was born with silverish hair in that specific area so I really don't know

• Posted

There is a real possibility that it may be nevus depigmentosus as you usually get them from birth or very young. The only way of knowing if it's vitiligo, is if it spreads.

• Posted

There's not a single patch on my body other than the one in the picture. My GP opens on Monday so I'm going to book an appointment to get this checked out. I just feel as though it would be seen as dumb to get a whole doctors appointment to look at 1 patch, however it's extremely distressing to me....

• Posted

Here is a clearer image. To me this looks hypopigmented (a little lighter than my natural skin colour) and not that much depigmented.... Am I wrong? image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.