Do I have worms or am I just anxious..?.

Posted , 3 users are following.

so i have had threadworms twice before, around a year ago, and i am starting to get similar symptoms to before, i haven't seen any worms but i have now convinced myself i am infected. any ideas...?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you have an itchy anus, loss of weight? See your doctor about your concerns and ask for an ova and parasite test.

• Posted

kind of, it feels like before but it is mostly in the day which make me think i am just making it up, i cant feel it at night. i dont want to go to a doctor unless i definately know i have them, as it was embarrassing enough the first time, i have only just lived it down lol.

• Posted

Doctors have seen it all before so I would worry too much about that.Often we feel embarrassed about having intimate examinations and that is only natural. However, putting off going to your doctor because of that will not resolve your concerns and will not give you peace of mind nor will it make a condition go away. It is better to go to your doctor to have your questions answered because no one here can diagnose you and you will feel so much better once you put yourself in the hands of an expert and find out one way or the other if you have worms or not. If you do have them, it is better to get treatment as soon as possible.

I don't like going to doctors either but I knew I had to when I was faced with constant abdominal pain and bowel habit change. I had to face a gruelling three and a half months of no answers and embarrassing, painful tests, some of which had to be discontinued because I couldn't handle the pain. However, I knew this was the only way forward for me to get help. In the end, with lots of changes of doctor, I got diagnosed and felt immediate relief of anxiety and unanswered concerns. I would not have got this had I not conquered my embarrassment and phobia of doctors.

Go back to your doctor for advice and ask if an ova and parasite test is necessary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.