Do i laugh or cry?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies

Surgery planned for monday and ive just had a call from the hospital. They are not cancelling me however they are on black alert so: i have to go in at 7am as planned and there will be a bed meeting at 8am, they will let me know by 9am if im having my surgery or if i have to go home. It all depends on what hapens with emergency admissions over the weekend.

Not laughing or crying but, i am going to have a bottle of wine this evening!

Brie x

2 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh bless you!! That's tough. All you can do is breath!! X

• Posted

Hi kitty,

I did put another post up yesterday but unfortunately i was cancelled.

I had my gown and socks on and group and save bloods also. I thought i was home and dry and then a woman in a suit approached and i knew it was over.

She said sorry etc but youve been cancelled.

I had a cry went home and phoned work and said ill be back today!

Anyway had a call at lunchtime yesterday and my new op date is next tuesday. I will of course put a post up as soon as i know if its going to happen or if i get cancelled again.

Brie x

• Posted

Oh Brie,what a bummer. Here's hoping that they don't cancel next week too. It's so bloody inconvenient if you've had to change work schedules and of course some people have to sortout chidcare and other stuff. Big hug hun xx

• Posted

Thanks moonwitch,

I was really brave until i got in the car as there were others waiting and i didnt want to appear a baby but as soon as we got in the car it all came out.

It is a bummer because at work im the only housekeeper so its a mission getting everyone to do what i do (properly) before i go and for a long period then i appear from nowhere and everyones confused and dont know whats going on!

My kids thankfully are older (youngest 12) so thats not such a problem apart from i feel sorry for them having to sort themselves out while im in hospital. Its my partner thats really struggling because he went swlf employed this yr as a builder and he took the day off on monday to be with me. He started a big job on tues (a day later than he said) and all for nothing. Now he feels guilty that next tues hes going to have to drop me off then go again but come back in the evening.

Sorry i went on a bit there! I know im.not the first it happened to to but im soooo desperate for this op as we all are.

Anyway thanks for the message and listening to me rant!

Brie x

• Posted

Rant away my lovely,it's what I used to do when I first found this forum a few years back. Chin up x

• Posted

Haha thanks!

I only found this forum a month or so ago and dont know what i ever did without it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.