Do I need to increase my dose?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Advice please!

I started venlafaxine three months ago 37.5mg twice per day and it worked wonders but then my anxiety started coming bk about a month ago so my doc increased my dose to 75mg twice per day but the past week ive been feeling dizzy in the afternoons. Do i need a dose increase?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need to decide that with your doctor. There is scope to increase the dose - I take 3 x 75mg daily, and I know some people are on more than that. Are you on the sustained release xl formulation? That spreads the drug out throughout the day and night.
    • Posted

That's something you could raise with your doctor, whether you could have sustained release version which spreads it out more evenly, as well as whether you need a higher dose, or a different antidepressant. The dizziness could be anxiety, or it could be caused by the venlafaxine. It's your decision, what you think you need, in consultation with the doc.
  • Posted

I'd definitely recommend discussing this with your gp, as soon as possible. I also agree with pixie22 that having the sustained release may be and option. But again discuss this with your gp
  • Posted

Hi Emma, the higher your dose increases the worse your side effects will become! This is a powerful drug not to be underestimated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.