Do I need to know my t3 and t4?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey I've had an underactive thyroid for over a year now and take 25 and 50 of levo on alternate days. I went to the doctors as I wasn't feeling to good, weight gain, pains and tiredness but my results came back normal , my TSH was 1.83 , this was the only result I got as my doctors don't test T3 and T4 and says they are not worried about referring me to see a endocrinologist even though many people have recommended it to me, just looking for some ideas on whether I have anything to even be worried about or not, thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes. You need to see an endo. Sounds like your doc is in never-never land. Unfortunately, this is typical.
    • Posted

He was telling me if my TSH is normal then the other ones will be normal and since there is no actual problem with me I don't need to see a endo.. ,and this is my new doctors as I had to change cos my other one didn't have a clue and always got my medication mixed up! Seems like none of them have a clue! Any suggestions please?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.