Do I need to notify?

Posted , 4 users are following.

my son turns 5 this week problem is a couple of months ago I had to remove him from school and he's now on a waiting list to get into another all because he wasn't being looked after properly and getting seriously neglected by his and getting seriously neglected by his previous School do I need to notify income support child benefit child tax credit DLA etc that he isn't in a school at the moment as I'm not quite sure if I do? I already know my income supports going to be continuing because I'm getting carers for getting carers for him getting carers for him but I don't know if him not being in school effects it at all either.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sorry about all the repeated words my autocorrect is messing up today

• Posted

Hi thought I was going gaga LOL mine does it sometimes and totally confuses me.

I cant see why you would need to inform them as its just a change of school, unless hes being moved from a school for special needs to a mainstream one or if you are not letting him return to school at all.

I could be wrong but im sure if I am someone will tell us

• Posted

yeah I just wasn't too sure as I know they say any changes to let them know but he's just on a waiting list at the moment and at home until he gets a place

• Posted

As you haven't exactly got a change in circumstances that effects you financially cant see it being a problem at all, you could always ring anonymously and ask as in pretend its for someone else.

• Posted

Hi,

DLA isn't affected at all because that's about his disability. Income Support is your money not your child's so that's not affected. Carers allowance isn't because you claim that because of the DLA award.

Tax credits and child benefit are paid to you because your child is under 16 not because they are in school. If he was over the age of 16 it would be totally different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.