Do I or don't I?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

I'm Val.

I'm having my consultation tomorrow and then will be given a date for my procedure. I am absolutely reeling by what I have read so far on the forum. I'm really not sure whether to go ahead with the procedure now. I have had internal/external hemorrhoids for over 30 years and have put up the symptoms of having hemorrhoids. I finally got to the stage of saying enough is enough but holy crap, the recovery period sounds simply horrendous.  For those who have gone through the procedure, are you pleased you did?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Val-Oz

I had my procedure done 4 weeks ago tomorrow and am almost fully healed - i highly recommend you do it!

Honesrly what inread was horrendous compared to what it was. Yes it hurts but not for long. You will get thru it smile

If you're in Australia you will get well looked after, just tell them your concerns before your operation. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Val

I know people that have had this surgary and have been fine after the initial few weeks. The longest recovery I heard about was 3 months.

Unfortunately I had mine done march 2016 and have had nothing but pain since.

I do stuffer from IBS and wonder if this has made my recovery worse.

From getting home from the hospital I was having up to 12 bowl movements per day, which is horrendous.

My advice would be, please make sure you have really strong pain relief prescribed from doctor before coming home as you will need them in first few weeks. I was only taking paracetamol as I'm allergic to co-codamol.

I'm certainly one of the few it appears and have completely changed my diet since.

If you have normal bowl movement I think that will make all the difference as the pain is ok when not in the loo. Just keep on top on pain med's for first few weeks as you will need then whilst on loo.

Good luck x

• Posted

I had 3 internal hemorrhoids and got them banded 6-7 weeks apart. It was rough going for the 1st 2 but the third one is one week today and it's a breeze. You didn't specify what your procedure is. I also thought ENOUGH!! It was starting to control my life and sitting for too long on a plane in a car was how I was deciding things. I had a Colonoscopy and the Dr. told me about banding but he didn't do that procedure. It hurts but all things heal in time. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi I am a 34 year old female. I had this procedure on Tuesday so I'm 3 days post op. I threw up the first two days couldn't keep nothing down until last night. So honestly I was more in pain over the throwing up then my butt I wasn't even thinking about it. On a scale of 1-10 my pain has stayed around a 3 I had a small bowel movement this morning first and it was easy didn't hurt at a lil stinging but nuthin you can't handle. I use sitz bath ice drink tons of liquids and also if you get make sure you take you pain meds atleast until to worst of the healing passes. It's soooo worth it. I to was terrified but it's a lot easier then I had anticipated. Good luck on whatever decide

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.