Do I persevere ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

sad sad

I started using Orlistat 6 weeks ago and have only lost 6 lbs.....

I have cut down and don't know what else to do to get the lbs off, any help appreciated.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yes persevere

have you increased your exercise? what is your typical daily food intake?

you could try drinking green tea, its meant to boost the metabolism.

don't be disheartened at 'only' loosing 6lbs in 6 weeks, most of us go through phases of loosing and then slowing down, keep it up.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply -

Typical day is porridge, sandwich then meal at night - I do have a pizza or that at weekends as a treat.

I will try the green tea.

• Posted

do you snack at all?

apparently snacking on the right foods can be good for you - speeds up the metabolism - things like apples, carrots, celery etc

• Posted

I agree with perserveering. I have my 4 week weigh in and am a little worried about it, but I have noticed that I am eating the rights foods but my portions haven't decreased sad .

I am going to get weighed tomorrow and then start again with a new vigour.......

I think I thought these pills would be a little miracle but I have taken them for granted. I don't want to lose the privelige of being on them as they do make me think twice about eating fatty foods, I now need to control my portions..

Losing weight is hard work, we all know that, unfortunately sad

• Posted

sad I'm the same - losing very very slowly - and I'm sticking to very low fat - but I was on low fat anyway. I tried a week without them and put two pounds on so they must be doing something. I have been away for a few days - still took most of the tablets but I've put two on again - I walked miles as well. Very disheartening.
  • Posted

lizzie - you may find that you are losing inches rather than pounds, especially if you are doing a lot of walking.
  • Posted

Definetly stick with it. I lost 1 1/2 stone in 5 weeks but then I never lost an ounce for 4 weeks. Managed to shift 3lb though this week.

A 6lb loss is better than a 6lb gain.

• Posted

You should stick with it, sometimes its slow, but as someone says, 6lb off is better than a 6lb gain.

You may find the walking helps to tone you up not just lose weight, I certianly feel the exercise helps in that regard. The tablets do make you think about how much fat you have, thats got to be good. It does seem though as if its not predictable, as some weeks I am really good and lose nothign and others I do lose when I havent been as vigilant! :?

Its hard but worth it in the end, keep it up! :lol:

• Posted

just a thought but has anyone tried swapping diets so your bodies dont get used to the same thing. i always keep to my low fat diet but recently i started to do a low carbs diet, couple of weeks before that i tried a low calorie diet and next week i think i might have a bash at my weight watchers diet i tried centeries ago. by doing this its took some of the boredem of doing a lifestyle change away as im adding a variation every couple of weeks.

P.S dont be disheartened with low loss, i often get told the slower it comes off the longer it stays off. id rather indure my hell now and not have to go through it all again when it piles back on.

i admire you all for having a bash at this as losing the weight can be the biggest battle, ive been trying for years to shift it and now im starting to see results (smaller pants!).

Amyx

• Posted

Yes pesevere!

How many calories do you have a day? I looked online and also asked my doctor how many I should be having and I write everything down in a notebook so I can keep track of my calories and fat intake.

For the last month I've been having a green tea every morning and my weight loss does seem to be better than before I was drinking it so if you're not already I suggest you give that a go.

The other thing to bear in mind is how much weight you need to lose - if it's only a couple of stone then 6lbs in 6 weeks is pretty good, also Weight Watchers say that a 1-2 lb loss per week is good so well done your're bang on track.

keep on keeping on, it will be worth it in the end :D

Best wishes Andrea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.