Do I phone the crisis team yet again??

Posted , 4 users are following.

All evening when I shut my eyes I see myself slashing my stomach open or my arms the visions and thoughts won't go away. I seem to be obsessed with these thoughts. I've tried distracting myself washing the dishes but that includes knives, suduko puzzles can't concentrate. I don't really want to cut myself but these thoughts just won't go.I last cut myself about 4 days ago the word DIE into my arm. Do I phone the NHS crisis team for yet another talk or dose up with diazepam. I've got like indigestion pains in my chest which I assume is anxiety, breathing heavy, crying on and off. I've been not doing too bad this week as well, got a headache too. I get so angry with myself when these thoughts won't go away, i'm getting more jittery even typing this. so i'll stop.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Tina, call the crisis team NOW.  That's what they're there for, we can only offer you long distance support and you obviously need more than we can give you on this forum.
    • Posted

Waiting for my call back, only superficial cuts this time and diazepam. Hands still shaking. At least I don't feel suicidal for a change....
  • Posted

has your dose been upped recently or changed on matazpine could be causing you problems. im so sorry to hear this and youve definetly done the right thing coming hear and asking for help thats definetly a postive thing, is there no family friends even a neighbour you can talk to to help you make your decision on what you want to do. diazapam will calm you but im worried about these thoughts using a scale 1 being low and 10 being the highest on the chance you will act on these thought anything over 8 i would be contacting the crisis team as they are the professionals. i know its hard but getting angry with yourself is only fueling your mood try deep breathing and meditation for the aniexty as diazpam might aggrovate your headache. i hope your ok and manage to not act on these thoughts and please contact someone for help straight away if there is a chance you will.

big hugsss x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, no change to medication been on 45mg for about 7 weeks now. had a good talk to someone from the mental health team, diazepam has kicked in, going to take another before going to bed then I should go to sleep quite quick and the visons won't bother me hopefully and by the morning will be gone again until the next time. 

x

• Posted

Please phone someone as you said youve done well this week sorry ive just seen your message.i really wish i could do more for you i think we all do so god bless tina your in my prayers 
    • Posted

Thanks Dave eyes are beginning to feel sleepy so I'd better go to bed.

You take care. x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.