Do i possibly have Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last 3 or 4 years ever since i've hit puberty, i've had these pimple like things on my inner/upper thigh and no matter what i do they just wont go away. They start off like pimples but once it pops on its own it scars. Then skin itself becomes discolored from the rest of my skin. They are fairly small but are spread all throughout my uppper/inner things and sometimes on my groin. I shower constantly but my thighs often rub against each other and will sometimes sweat depending on how hot the day is. I've been looking online for what this might be and i'm a little scared to think that i might have this but when i look at pictures of what it looks like and my thighs look similar but not similar enough to make me think i might have this but i'm nervous to tell anyone especially my mom since i'm only 17 its just so embarrassing but i'm getting older and it's just so unattractive i want to stop this if i can before it gets any worse

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I started getting that about the age of 14 and I still get it like that in the same area some times it's like blackheads also scars and it is embarrassing. I kept mine a secret from everyone for years I'm 47 now and was formerly diagnosed in February. Tell someone even if it's your doctor. Remember the Internet always shows the worst cases of everything. Mild cases won't look like the pictures on the Internet. Most of mine is mild always has been I often get big ones when I'm super stressed out but not always. I understand your embarrassed but remember it's not from being dirty you can't just shower it away. I wish I could but that didn't work believe me I tried and thought the same thing. My doctor said I have one of the mildest cases he's seen for someone who's never had treatment and who's had this most of my life. I remember readin about hs for the first time and crying partly because it was exactly what I have relief I now haven a name partly sad omg no cure how sad. It's important to seek medical care and family support my family has been great they didn't understand why I hide this for so long from them. They don't understand how it feels to have hs the confusion in my head about the bumps and stuff the area I get this in can mortifing super embarrassing. I hope you reach out now why your young and get support seek a doctor out to.diagnose maybe it's not hs maybe it is. I brought a print out of hs with me when I went to the doctor so I could explain why I thought I had hs and talked about how long where I get it age of onset symptoms. its better to know don't wait for over 30 years like I did to get help. I hope this helped read about hs it's not always the big giant cyst absences you see online I get those yes but I mostly get zit looking small bumps that leave.scars and dark skin. I hope you talk to your mom I wish I would of. Good luck keep us updated
    • Posted

Is their anything you take to make them go away or anything you put on them? If not i don't want to even bother saying anything i'd rather not have anyone know
    • Posted

Hi yes I personally use a body wash with benzoyl peroxide then I use a deep cleaning astringent with salicylic acne treatment you get at a drug store. I take zinc and turmeric daily also. The doctor put me on antibiotics they can give you topically antibiotics also. I also now use boots type shoots or box type ladies underwear that helps also. On the forum you can get a lot of ideas what may help the thing with hs is what works for you may not work for me and what works for me may not work for you. I know you want it to go away but it's not that simple. When I first read that I thought no way these people are crazy they cannot Be right this is unreal. This is why you need to tell someone get treatment what if it's not hs what if they and make in stop and you prolonged treatment. Or what if it is lhs and they can reduce your symptoms. I know you feel a shamed but it's not your fault your body is doing this it's not about how clean you are. It's a skin condition that's autoimmune in nature. Please seek support and help emotionally it can be very difficult we all get that. It's so important to get help I waited 30 years to say something so I get how you feel how do I tell what do I say what will they think of me how will they make me feel about myself. Please don't talk you're self out of telling your mom or doctor about it. I haven't had one bad reaction from anyone since I started walking through my fears I have held on to for 30 years. Please try to open up it helps. Let me know how your doing please
    • Posted

I told my mom and i have a yearly check up in july so i will get checked then thank you so much i dont think i would have told her if i hadn't had you're help. I'll let you know what they say then
    • Posted

Yay I'm glad you talked to your mom that's great news please keep me updated on how things go. ☺
  • Posted

Not everyone is as bad as it shows on line. Mine come up like boils about once every 6 weeks and are very painful as they are in my groin and my underware rubs. Then they burst. They leave scars but over the years have not got any worse. It is not caused through weight or not being clean but could be an allergy.

I am sorry you feel you can not talk to your mum but why don't you make an appointment with your doctor and have a chat about it. Don't just leave it. You are doing the right thing reading other people's experiences on here but just remember we are all different and you sound like you have a mild case. Good luck.

• Posted

Sounds like it could be but go to the docs to get diagnosed what starts of small could get bigger if you don't do something now mine started as a tiny spot which grew into an abcess in my breast i was embarrased but had to give in and go to hospital as it was so painful i've had these ever since and still suffering the bigger they get the more painful they are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.