do i really have bi-polar?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was told by my dr that I was bi -polar. yet I don't feel I have the symptoms. I have major anxiety. can someone tell me what bi-bolar symptoms are? I'm confused. thank you

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been wondering the same thing! I woke up in the middle of the night one night back in January with a panic attack that led to bouts of severe of anxiety and stress, some depression, and fear of the next panic attack which led to more panic attacks. Sometimes I had 4-5 panic attacks a day. My doctor gave me Lexapro which made my anxiety worse, so she sent me to a psychiatrist that said I "may" have dysphoric hypomanic or manic episode. But since then said I did not. But now I fear taking my medicine because I am scared I have bipolar and the medicines will make it worse. Within the last month, I feel somewhat "normal" for me and it causes me panic attacks because I am scared it is the "up" side of bipolar even though I really don't have any of the bipolar symptoms right now!!! 

• Posted

see that's what I mean I don't no I have depression and anxiety and they are calling it bi-polar!!!!!!!!!! I'm not mania!!! I'm sorry you get panic attacks I cant drive certain roads or I may get 1 y do we have to suffer and I no how it is about meds trying different ones all the time and not knowing which ones work well I wish you luck 

• Posted

Bipolar disorder, with its extreme mood swings from depression to mania, used to be called manic depressive disorder. Bipolar disorder is very serious and can cause risky behavior, even suicidal tendencies, and can be treated with therapy and medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.