Do I still have bv?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve hadsymtoms of bv since last May and got tested for it back in October which came back positive, they prescribed me abtibiotics but they only worked while I took them. It got to the point where I felt hopeless and though it was something I just had to live with. I could still manage to have sex with out the smell getting in the way with home remedy that would only work a few hours but haven’t done the remedy for atleast 2 months. However about 3 months ago I started noticing that my vagina was very dry during sex to the point where I couldn’t last more than one mins with out sex starting to feel uncomfortable something I’ve never really had a problem with I usually never needed much fourplay to get my self ready even my orgasm by myself don’t feel as strong anymore. I wasn’t sure if it was because of bv or maybe because I had just changed my birth control perscription and they bounced me around with two different perscriptions the two months before that. Anyways last month i went back to the doctor to see if I had a UTI and I got retested for bv both came back positive so the gave medication for both this time the smell hasn’t come back and it’s been about a month but I still find that my vagina is too dry during sex even though I’ve notice that I still get a goodbit of discharge  I find that even though Im wet my discharge seems to get dry when rubbed if that makes sense. I’m not sure if I still have bv and I waited almost 4 months for my birth control to possibly palance my hormones so I decided to stop taking my birth control for atleast 2 months to see if that’s the issue because I don’t know what else could be causing me to be dry I thought it could also be emotional because bv did affect me emotionally but I was still a happy person and the dryness came out of nowhere. ***Side note: I got tested for every std right before I got bv and as of last most got retested for chlamydiatrichomoniasis and gonorrhea both times everything came back negative***

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Victoria! I'm guessing your dryness is due to your birth control. Are you on any other medications? I know that certain anti-anxiety/depression medications can definitely dry you up. I was on Prozac and I became dry as a bone! Even my mouth!

I can also empathize with your experience with only being "cured" of the BV while on the antibiotics. I had the exact same issue. I posted about this earlier, but I highly recommend drinking 1 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar with some water or raw cranberry juice every morning on an empty stomach. ACV contains a natural pro-biotic called "the mother' and the vinegar itself will kill bad bacteria in your digestive system (which affects the vagina!). ACV has changed my life and cured my BV! I take it every morning now and haven't had BV in two years. I hope this helps! 

• Posted

Dear Victoria

It sounds like your body is confused by the change of contraceptives and antibiotics. It takes awhile for the body to settle down after that. BV has to be treated, but the antibiotics change the pH of the vag.  I am NOT a doctor but I have had success with the following:  bath soaks with baking soda or apple cider vinegar; Vagisil Complete Hydrating Gel or Sliquid lubrication.  Dryness needs help.  smile Maybe try the Vagisil first for 2 weeks and see if that helps. If it does not... try the next one. Sliquid.  I use it twice a day and it really helps. Or just try Organic Raw Virgin olive oil.  That is completely free of any toxic substances. And it really helps.  Just use your fingers to insert some... three times a day for one week, then twice a dayi as long as needed.  I hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.