do i still have UTI?

Posted , 8 users are following.

hello

i have been diagnosed for UTI a week ago and been taking sulfamethoxazole for my treatment. i finished it today but i dont think its gone. when i wake up in the morning i feel a little pain in my bladder still (not as strong as in the beginning but still) then i start drinking a lot of water and sort of in the afternoon it all stops and goes away and i am fine again. it has repeated for 3 last days of taking my antibiotics out of 7. should i make another appointment to the doctor?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm a bit of a broken record with this advice, but go buy yourself some urinalysis dip sticks and test your own urine.  They are inexpensive and you can buy them off the internet.  Then, if you have leukocytes or blood, you know you have an infection and then can go to the doctor.

• Posted

Yes , you need a lab appointment and get your urine checked . If there are still bacteria left , you need to continue with antibiotics . Add D Mannose to your daily regimen , it helps to keep your bladder free of bacteria .
  • Posted

U need to go back and tell them to either extend the treatment which they dont like to do or give u another type of antibiotics...Ive been going thru this for months now and still have an infection.
  • Posted

Sometimes the antibiotics don’t work and you need a different one I use doxycycline and it worked finally after trying to other antibiotics .  Now are used essential oil’s for all my UTIs I just put it on my abdomen and rub it in every day about five or six times a day so I use lemongrass, oregano, frankincense, and clary sage
  • Posted

You are supposed go back and see if infection is cleared. Uti are very hard to get rid of. It eventually it does go away. Mine take months..Off and on..Yiu habe to take other stuff while on antibiotics. Probiotics and something for uti.. Anything..Aloe Vera.  AZO..
  • Posted

It has taken me years to get rid of an infection that came and went for years......  Because I suspected that the problem I had was not resolved I wrote letters to all my doctors asking questions re the treatment I had.

You most certainly must consult your doctors but must never be laxy about your resolve to rectify your problems......  It seems ironic that on the whole doctors do not take a very serious view of waterworks problems and particularly for us men.

It is most frustrating that few doctors look at previous hisrtory which on the whole would be educational

in some instances........  Two occasions  for me =no culture done!    

A very young lady doctor gave me a three month script for Cipro which was too low to eradicate the bacteria I harbored  so one of my GP's who had more experience doubled the strength but for only one week.  I exteded that course to 33 days as per Mimms and I find that for over a year now  all of my

symptoms are gone.   Surely there is a more efficient way of  dealing with a waterworks infection and especially if the patient insists that indeed they do have an infection based on the fact that they now know their bodies better than anyone else on the planet!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.