Do LH or FSH values change after hydrocortisone thereapy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI!

I was diagnosed with Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency in 08-2017. At the time, I had very very low values of FSH & LH.  (That was only a small part of how I was diagnosed but my question is only related to these 2 hormones.)

I have been on hydrocortisone replacement therapy since. I was just curious if those 2 hormones are affected by the hydrocortisone replacement therapy or if they remained unchanged for people with SAI?

They were re-tested in 03-2018 with very little change.

What has been your experience? I would love to hear from others!

Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Isn't FSH and LH to do with fertility sorry if I'm wrong but if it is then, I have Addisons Disease and at first I went into menopause due to ovaries being attacked because of an autoimmune issue then a few years later adrenals attacked...not sure if this would be issue to secondary Adreanal issues though..

• Posted

FSH and LH are produced in response to a signal hormone from your pituitary. Or at least if you had a normal pituitary they would be. So just like you get HC because your pituitary is not sending ACTH signal to your adrenals, I wonder if you ought to be getting these hormones replaced too? Is it even possible?

But to answer your direct question, no, it is not the HC doing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.