Do my fingers look arthritic

Posted , 6 users are following.

 Hi all. I recently have become more aware of some symptoms I have been experiencing in both my hands that seem to be arthritis type symptoms.  I have attached some photos in hopes some of you could take a look and give me your input as to whether or not my finger joints look particular arthritic. Thanks!




0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Are you referring to the redness on your knuckles?  That’s me. I’ll be following. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted


    To answer your question your fingers look ok, but looks land how things feel are 2 seperate things. Your knuckles are slightly swollen that may or may not be related to RA. Ive had it a lot if yrs some of my fingers are mishaped now, havent worn my wedding ring for 12 or 13 yrs. Anyways good luck and get a good doc to mae some referalls foe you.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Bobsaggatt1990,

    It's hard to tell whether your hands/fingers look arthritic...... until you're a way down the line with either RA or OA and deformity can in any case be avoided to greater or lesser dehree. I would say it's about how they feel. I have in the last few months been diagnosed with RA.... predominantly in my pelvis but I have in the last month developed pain in my hands, fingers and wrists....... none look particularly reddened, but are slightly swollen and painful. Arthritic deformity takes some time (often years) to develop and with careful joint protection techniques, they may not become deviated/deformed.

    My advice would be that if they are painful or you are concerned, speak with your GP or Rheumatologist-don't sit on it...... It's a discussion I've had recently and it's led to a change in my treatment doses in response.

    Good luck, take care


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    A rheumatologist will X-ray and if necessary mri your fingers and will be able to see any joint damage.  Also, swelling in your joints is indicative and a general blood test for rheumatoid arthritis is done by your specialist.  That is the only way to determine if it is rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.


    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up