Do my symptoms match up with vitamin D deficiency symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about a year and a half now, I've been feeling pain in my limbs, and it's been getting worse with time. I've spent the past year and a half seeing different doctors, and have been getting absolutely no results. X-rays, ultrasounds, nerve tests, and MRI's show little or nothing wrong. And my symptoms apparently don't match fibromyalgia or ehlers danlos, so those have been ruled out for now.

Basically, I get pain in my arms from basically anything strenuous, especially anything that requires dexterity (especially video games, which are now completely impossible for me to even touch). The pain is usually in my inner elbows, shoulders, and fingers. Last time I tried to play a game on my PS4, my arms became way more sensitive to pain for about a week. Sometimes there's a tiny bit of numbness too.

Also, my knees hurt when I walk. If I walk too much (which really isn't all that much at all), the pain gets so bad that I end up limping for a little while. They're also really sensitive. Once I tapped on my kneecap too hard and pain shot down my leg to my foot.

There are also a lot of tender points on my upper body. I feel pain on my upper arms and torso (particularly the collarbone) when pressure is applied, though there's not typically much pain there if left unprovoked. My shoulders are sore basically all the time though.

So far, no form of medication or treatment has made the pain even a little better. I'm hoping that a vitamin deficiency is the worst I have to worry about here, because I can't figure out what could possibly be causing all of this pain, and I'm running out of options. I'll be getting a a blood test soon anyway, but I'm curious about what other people think based on this information.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Where you able to figure out what was wrong wiTh you? Going through something similar hope your feeling better.
    • Posted

Unfortunately, no. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with vitamin D, and is more likely some form of tendinosis, at least based on an MRI I got on my elbow a few months ago. If it's tendinosis, that would explain why anti-inflammatories haven't done anything. Doctors are still saying it sounds like fibromyalgia, but as I said, it's really weird how anybody I talk to that has fibro always describes something totally different from what I'm talking about. Also lyrica hasn't done anything for the pain, and that's supposed to be pretty effective.

• Posted

That inner forearm/elbow, knee and upper body pain sounds familiar. I would highly recommend a decent chiropractor. Due to the way I was walking, it was making my hips rotate, which caused all kinds of issues in my legs (now fixed from seeing a chiropractor - arms/elbow also fixed).

What type of work do you do? I sit at a desk most of the time, which caused my arm pain. Do you do any kind of stretching after work? I'm not saying you are like this, but I find when I ask people that say they have pain from areas of their body about stretching, they say they stretch sometimes and then the pain comes back. It's good to do at least ten minutes of stretching when you get home from work on a permanent basis to release any tension from your joints/muscles that have occured during the day. I do this and can vouch for good results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.