DO NOT AGREE TO STENT REMOVAL UNDER LOCAL ANAESTHETIC

Posted , 4 users are following.

STENT REMOVAL WARNING: DO NOT BELIEVE doctors/nurses who tell you “the procedure is a bit uncomfortable”. It is not uncomfortable – it is AGONY. My husband has just come back after this ‘procedure’. After a supposed anaesthetic injection which did not numb the area at all,  a gel was applied seconds before they removed the stent. This did not work. (There was no attempt made to genuinely stop the pain - this was a cynical, money-saving exercise which they knew would cause unbearable agony.)  My husband – who in the past has not reacted to having a severe tooth abscess – was shouting in pain, screaming for help. When he came out of the ‘procedure room’ he was ashen white, shaking from head to foot and struggling to stand. He says it was the worst thing he had ever experienced and was close to losing consciousness from the pain. They were not even going to give him a painkiller afterwards until I insisted.

NB:  His advice to everyone: DO NOT have the stent removed under local anaesthetic – insist on a general anaesthetic. One thing I don’t understand: dentists inject painkiller into your gum then you sit and wait until it takes effect. They check this before using the drill. So why didn’t the ‘surgeon’ make any effort to numb the area?  SAVE YOURSELF - DEMAND A GENERAL ANAESTHETIC

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

years ago they put a Stent in me to try and help pass a kidney stone that thing was so unconfortable i ha dit in for 3 weeks  they didnt even numb me and  I yelled so loud my voice was horse for a week. a week later i poped out a 7 mm rock. i feel for your husband!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted

hi,i to have had a stent put in,in fact i have had two,and like your husband they tried to remove it using a jelly,and guess what,i nearly screamed the place down with the pain,in fact the doctor doing this looked really anoyed with me when i begged him to stop,my daughter was in the waiting room and the look on her face when i came out was unbelievable,i had it removed under a gereral after that,the second was just as bad if not worse,mainly because the consultant who put it in had pushed it to far into the kidney,so when i passed water the pain nearly made me pass out on several occassions,in the end i did not want to go to the toilet[which is not a good idea],that to was took out under a general,so i no how your husband felt
  • Posted

I have just gone through the same procedure and was told the same exact thing the pain was excruciating I'm sure it left a mark on my soul I will never go through that again these doctors took an oath not to bring harm to any person and he violated that oath and put me in that much pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.