Do not resuscitate or DNR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I have a DNR registered with my doctor, I am in the UK.

So if I was to collapse while out & about how would any one know not to use a defibrillator on me? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wrist bracelet or medichain on neck.  Medicalert is one business that specailizes in these type of bracelets.  Husband has one for his heart conditon, heart failure, it is a plastic bracelet, with the words heart failure on it, he also has another telling people he has a pacemaker and defibulator, again a plastic type, and another chain around his neck with his medications engraved on it.
  • Posted

You should wear a medic alert bracelet or necklace with DNR clearly engraved on it. Plus, an ID card in your wallet that designates that you have a DNR status. 
  • Posted

I forgot to mention that people also post a legal DNR document at their home, somewhere that it can be easily seen, such as on their refrigerator. That way if medical personnel, or ambulance responds to your home...the DNR will be in view and easily spotted by first responders.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.