Do not Worry

Posted , 2 users are following.

Remember the only people likely to contribute to this forum are those who believe Ramapril is giving them some kind of side effect, millions take this drug every day without any problem whatsoever, this of course isn't reported.

I've been taking Ramapril with no problems and it has significantly lowered my blood pressure.............to all just prescribed or about to be prescribed this drug, have no fear, take it and forget about it, or like some others on this site you will believe it's to blame for everything from sunspots to excessive flatulance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thank you! It is very helpful to read this. I just started on it today (no side effects so far) but reading all the horror stories was terrifying me!

Thanks!

• Posted

Thankyou jimb46. its good to hear that you have had a good experience with ramipril. I am still having side effects doyou think i should carry on taking them hoping that the effects will stop eventually. I have been taking them for 2months now
  • Posted

Some people won't have side effects, some people will. BP meds do seem to have a lot of side effects in general, that's why it might take a few tries to to get your meds right.

All I would recommend is that if you are suffering any side effects which affect your quality of life, go back and see your GP. When I was put on 10mg of ramipril the effects were dreadful, too many to list.

My GP switched meds, no side effects, and lower BP. Don't suffer in silence.

• Posted

The GP put me on a low dosage (1.25) due to raised blood pressure. Blood pressure has come back down to normal level and I've had no side effects.

I do not however wish to have to take Ramipril for the rest of my life so just purchased a rowing machine and a bike. I'm one and a half stone overweight and my colestoral is slightly too high. I also drink far too much which I think is the main cause of HBP so that needs to be curbed considerably.

Will let you know how I get on once I lose the weight.

• Posted

jimb - Thank you for this post. I have just been prescribed ramipril after many years of resistance to anti hypertensive medication. Having spent all day reading various chat sites and getting increasingly anxious and confused your comments were a welcome relief. Your advice is very sensible - take it, forget about it. Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.