Do people get blurred vision and pain at the back of the head near the base??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sometimes I get pain around the base of the neck that goes done the left shoulder arms and legs. Wondering if this is a common symptom that people get with CFS. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes, Rose i get this except the whole of my occipital lobe is affected and i have non age related chest pain with it. it fluctates with the severity of my ME/CFS symptoms.

Caitlin

• Posted

Same here.. neck pain is very common with CFS.. and the blured vision is caused by muscle weakness, same as you get in the rest of your body with CFS.  But always best to get checked out with a doctor if  they are new syptoms or suddenly worsen. 
    • Posted

Hi Caitlin/little me -thanks. I also get chest pains that may be related to anxiety. Sometimes I find it hard to swallow as well. I have soo many symptoms I'm not sure what is new or not because it varies. I have a brain scan due and will make a GP appointment (it's soo hard to get an appointment, sometimes you have to wait for over a month for one) sad(
    • Posted

Yup random chest pains too... and yes anxiety can throw up alot of symptoms too. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder for 15 years before they finally got the right diagnosis. Anxiety is common due to the parts of the brain that are effected and also the fact theres so much going on with your body and mind you naturally start to panic.  But 2o years on i finally have a bit of peace within myself so if i can do it.. everyone can smile  
    • Posted

wow, it's a kind of relief to hear others have had similar symptoms, although that's no help to others?? i hope you are both able to manage them.

i had v. severe chest pain, collpase episodes & b/p drop to 70/50 & lower. used to have to lie flat for 6-8 hrs a day to prevent recurrent collapse episodes. also have the difficulty swallowing solids & abdo. pain. i lost a lot of weight till i got round to juicing & blending the few foods i don't have sensitivities to. most of the cardiac tests were NAD. eventually got referred to a Cardiologist (Electrophysiologist) who thinks it's POTs so am awaiting the 'tilt tables' test. luckly i found out i had low b12 & low Folate too, so once i got those corrected all my ME/CFS symptoms improved measurably. the chest pain/ swallowing problems persist but are much improved & now manageable with the b12 therapy. there was accompanying anxiety, but it was physically generated by the low b/p. i think most or all of the anxiety in ME/CFS is physically generated whether via changes in the brain, the cadiovascular/circulatory system/s secondary to ME related ANS problems. have you been properly checked over in terms of your cardiovascular system?

Caitlin.

• Posted

I have not been checked  out with regards to my cardiovascular  system, I always thought it's related to CFS. 
    • Posted

Prof. Julia Newton & colleagues @ Newcastle university have done lots of good research on how the heart can be affected in ME/CFS. they found many cardiac anomolies in ppl with ME/CFS through MRI tagging (a method that provides a non invasive window into cellular metabolism deep within the tissues). their conclusions (in brief) is that the problems that affect skeletal muscles can also affect cardiac muscle in ppl with ME/CFS causing a host of clinical and sub clinical cardiac realted problems. these include 'low cardiac output', and 'low pool volume' amongst a host of other observed anomolies. they are published in the 'Breakthrough' magazine/s issue 13 spring 2011 & issue 16 autumn 2012.

Caitlin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.