Do Sentinel and tags from fissure obstruct BM?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am healing another episode of fissure after having been fissure free for about a year. it feels I have now more tags and a sentinel that doesn't go away.

do tags and sentinel obstruct bm passage?

if anyone who has had surgery for removal of tags can please write about their experience? LEVEL OF PAIN, recovery duration etc...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Mitushi

I'm hoping someone responds to your query as I would like my tag removed as it traps poo and becomes inflamed and ulcerated from time to time causing lots of chafing and discomfort

have found organic cocunut oil to be soothing

• Posted

there have not been any replies 😦

After wiping with wipes, sitz bath after BM helps maintain anus clean..

• Posted

hi there , if it is causing you pain or other problems, leave it alone i had surgery for one skin tag almost a year ago and it has been a nightmare ever since . I ended up with a fissure .. deep one that would not heal.. had to have LIS SURGERY for it and it still has not healed completely . that was 9 months ago .. to top it off , now i have 2 skin tags... bigger than the first one that i had removed for cosmetic reasons . so my advice is to leave it alone .

• Posted

thanks for sharing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.