Do sinus issues make it hard to think?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I find it hard to think, especially doing something like reading, my head aches and I get discomfort behind my nose and ears.

Sometimes I can feel my palet moving up and down causing clicking noise in my ears, and my jaw and back of my nose aches if I think too much.

I can breathe alright, although sometimes it blocks up or i sneeze if I burp. I can smell fine too, but my nose/head feels heavy especially when bending down.

My head is humming now and then and feels like someone's putting a finger in my ears sometimes.

I been taking Avamys spray and some nasal drops for the second time, but it doesn't work. Also tried some nasal irrigation this week, no luck.

Doctor told me I have a lot of fluid in my ear and may be due to inflamation in my sinuses so gave me some sprays which I now finished but don't feel any better.

Is this a common problem with sinus problems?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey Redwolf...sorry you have been going through this....what my experience with sinusitis is, i feel ear pressure. well, my ENT doctor had prescribed me a nasal wash with medicines which includes antibiotics,antifungals,mucolytics and steroids....and it helped me...as we irrigate our sinuses that medicine may stay there where sinuses are not drained properly help in infection/inflammation.

Another thing is don't use pseudoephedrine or similar nasal sprays for more than 3 days although steroid ones you can use for longer period of time...Did you have any antibiotic course especially levofloxacin? as it is known to cause brain fog and fatigue...

the next thing is look for any vitamin deficiencies as when i felt like  i was not  able to read, memorize or think properly ,after that I was diagnosed with severe vitamin d and b12 deficiency...so you should also consider that. hope that helpsbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.