Do supplements work?

Edited , 7 users are following.

Hi! Im 29 y old and recently I've been experiencing some pain while urinating. There is also a frequent urge for urinating and when I do urinate there is just a small amount of urine that comes out. Sometimes I feel pain in my lover back pain. None of the symptoms are affecting me seriously but I want to prevent them from getting more serious. I've done some on line research ( I'm still not ready to go to the doc) and it seems that my symptoms are prostate related. I've read all the comments here and on many more other forums and there is a lot of mentioning of saw palmetto, nettle extract , tomato extract and zinc as something that can help and ease the symptoms. Does anyone have any experience with supplements containing this ingredients? Do they work? Which one worked for you? Appreciate every advice I can get!

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Edited

Some people claim to get relief from some supplements but there's no scientific evidence that any of them work. I tried saw palmetto and pygeum and neither did a thing.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lee. Yes some people say it didn't work , some say it did. I saw comments around here from people that said the supplements have helped them (still waiting to hear from then which ones did they use). I think it wont do more wrong to try some ( except damage to the wallet ). I just want to try some that have enough of positive reviews.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Edited

Try an internet search on supplements. Your sample size on this forum will be too small.

You really should see a urologist if you're having a problem. That's always a better option than getting medical advice from strangers with no medical training.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have you been to a doctor? At 29 yo I'd be thinking prostatitis. Maybe urinary tract infection?Does it hurt when you ejaculate?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi. No I haven't been to the doctor. I suspect it might be prostatitis also but my symptoms are not severe, it's just mild discomfort . No, no pain while ejaculating.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Edited

I have to admit I'm a bit scared of going to the doc but you are absolutely right about that seeking for advice here instead of going to the doctor is not the best option. But since my symptoms are not so bad I decided to try this easy supplement option first.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Edited

I have been struggling with prostatitis and I accidentally discovered REGEN50 strong supplements and it did wonders for me. At first, I was skeptical but it takes around 2 months to notice improvements. But I was ready on not to expect miracles overnight. I can say I feel relief!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I hope it will work for you as it did for me. I took the strong version but they do have a regular one also. You can find it online .

After a month and a half ( more or less) I felt like the need to urinate often is improving and the need for urinating at night went from 8 times to 3 or 4 depending from day to day. I find this to be quite an improvement.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

Give a try to Kai kit wan and kidney pills of chinese medicine. it helped me for years

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up