Do Symptoms Ever Completely Go Away And Stay Away

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I would love to hear from someone who can honestly say they have come out on the other side of menopause and not had symptoms come back on them. I don't mean just a stretch of time when you feel a little normal just to have symptoms return. I too have experienced these little stretches where I think I have gotten through only to be sidelined again with all of the crazy symptoms of menopause. I am 60 and have been post 11 years and the last year has been my worst yet. I was always lead to believe once your periods stop and you enter post menopause things settled down, not so for me. I am beginning to fear that this is how life is going to be here on, so scary to think this. I know acceptance is a very big part of all of this as well as ageing and I am trying my hardest to accept. Some days it is just hard not to lose hope. Just wondering if any ladies on here have truly reached the other side and stayed there. Please share your experience if there are any. Thanks ladies:)

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

I hear ya!!! and I will wait to see if anyone replies too because I could do with some encouragement.

Hugs x

• Posted

Me too!!! Don't expect there to be many replies:(

• Edited

Hey There, Cass....

Next year will be my 8th year in post-menopausal hell; per my previous posts, it is a bona-fide TSUNAMI! I was soooo... excited when I entered the FINAL STAGE of this tsunami, because I ASSUMED... I would feel human again, and I would be able to carry on with my life, filled with LOVE, PEACE & JOY! Mind you, this is what the doctors have told me countless times: You will feel wonderful again in this last stage of menopause, you will feel like yourself again, and your symptoms will subside/completely go away! Well, STOP THE PRESSES: The truth is: My symptoms got WORSE, fast forward to this mid November day in 2023, they are STILL HORRIBLE! I believe the symptoms give us women folk a reprieve for a day, week, month or even a year or two, then, they come back with a VENGEANCE!! Whenever I am feeling GRRRREEEATTT, I do as many FUN things as I can to enjoy the limited time of SANENESS, (if that's a word) because I know for a fact, the BADDDD days, per Michael Jackson: REALLY, REALLY BAD.... are lurking around the corner to devour me into bits and pieces!! This rollercoaster of: emotions, aches and pains, negative thoughts, stiff joints, flatulence, adult acne, something is crawling under my skin, anxiety, weight gain, shifting teeth, rage, don't talk to me, isolation, I'm going to explode, don't get too close to me, insomnia, uncertainty, depression, cravings for sugar, cravings for fried chicken, cravings for snacks, etc... has been happening to me throughout my meno trios! I eat right, exercise, take high-end vitamins, try to keep stress at bay as much as possible, drink plenty of H20, etc.. yet it pushes through ALL things stellar! POST-MENOPAUSE is my absolute WORST stage of menopause! One of my friend's mother, said it goes to the grave with us womenfolk! I believe her! I am CONVINCED, post-menopause is thee most-horrific stage of menopause, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! On that note, be well, my menopausal sistah!

• Edited

Wow we could be identical twins 😊 I definitely went into this being told post menopause was supposed to be when everything eased up and I would feel like my old self again, get my second wind, I was told. I was so hoping that was the case, but not so for me. Post menopause has definitely been my worst stage of all this change. I too like you if I get a decent day or just a couple of hours, I am elated and try to cram everything I can into my couple of hours. All the while knowing the bad days are lurking and just waiting to attack me again. When I have a decent day I don’t want to go to sleep at night because I know as soon as my eyes open the next morning the bad stuff is going to be there 😓 I eat healthy, take vitamins, drink plenty of water, have never smoked or drank, have always taken care of my health, it just doesn’t make any sense. It’s a horrible way to live. I no longer make any plans ahead of time because literally I don’t know from one minute to the next what symptoms will be upon me. I am trying my hardest to accept this as I have been told acceptance is such a large part of getting through this phase of life. Acceptance is really hard when you feel like you are losing it most days, but I am trying. I had really hoped that after my 40’s and 50’s being so hard surely my 60’s would ease off on all of this craziness, NOT! My 60’s are on the same path as the last 20 years. I honestly think I am going to be one of those women that menopause follows to the grave. Prayer for better days for you and all of the other menopause sisters suffering through this crazy phase in life🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Edited

when this migraines ll be over any clue since 1 year is like hell, migraines with aura is squeezing head tight so much pressure in neck, jaw n nose, sinus problems, internal shaking, heart palpitations....... I'm m just 41 n experiencing this since a year any hope it ll go away....

• Edited

Hey There, Seetu...

I hate to be the bearer of BADDD news, yet MY HELLISH symptoms started at 42, and they are STILL going strong, unfortunately!! I am a few months shy of been 8 years deep in the throes of POST-menopause, and I can honestly say, POST-MENOPAUSE has been my WORST stage of the three menopausal stages, period! I do know this regarding ANY stage of menopause, you will get a reprieve from the symptoms; it could be a day, week, month or year, IDK.. the exact amount of time, you will get a much-needed break from the HELL-ON-EARTH, per one of the posters,

since our bodies are obviously different. The symptoms do whatever they want, we are in hormonal-hell, and the hormones rule! The symptoms you described in your post are NOT foreign to me, I have been through them, and they have revisited me throughout my menopausal journeys! Whatever you do, please STAY hydrated!

• Edited

Hey Again, Cass....

Today is Thankful Thursday, and I am THANKFUL for this forum and other outlets of support we have to aid us in our well being; hence: the internet, support groups, blogs, vlogs, google, etc.. The bottom line is this: We have resources! Often times, I wonder how on God's green Earth did our mothers get through this hormonal hell? Their resources were very limited... and to think, they had to deal with their husbands, children, shame, dismissive doctors, a health care system that prescribed antidepressants relentlessly, a health care system that wasn't educated about the meno trios, etc. That said, continue to do whatever you can Cass, to remain sane and functional. Take comfort in knowing that there are a handful of female celebrities who are opening up about the three stages of menopause, and we will see more media coverage regarding these anomalies. One thing's for sure, we and countless other menopausal women are in a position to HELP and educate the next generation of womenfolk regarding these NATURAL STAGES of their lives. On that note, be well, my menopausal sistah.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.