Do the blueys kick in after a while

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been on the blueys since 1st May 2008, at first no side effects, now I struggle some days with urgent loo trips although I can honestly say I have eaten nothing high in fat. Have not taken any pills since Sunday as I have had to be near a loo all week. I did have fresh salmon on Sunday which was done in the microwave, thought oily fish was acceptable, has anyone had any problems after eating fresh salmon. :?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi PHG

Salmon is really high in good fat, but unfortunately orlistat cant differentiate between the good & the bad!! If you are having salmon, it should be no bigger that half the size of your fist (advice from the orlistat support line)

Its all a bit trial & error :oops: unfortunately lol

irsty :D

• Posted

I have fresh salmon once a week but I find poaching it with a little lemon juice added seems to remove a significant amount of oil, and I have had no problems as yet.

Might be worth a try.

Beryl

• Posted

Hi Thank you for the reply, will certainly try poaching salmon with a little lemon juice added.
  • Posted

Hi Skye's sister

Thanks for the tip, will certainly watch my portion sizes of salmon now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.