do the pressure ( pain) spots always hurt ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there, i was just diagnosed and have a follow up appointment next week, and IM wondering if those spots stay tender, or if it comes and goes like all the other symptoms ? Thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emily, every FiboM. patient is a different case. My tender spots don't always hurt and they also vary in intensity. X
    • Posted

Thank you ! Geesh, some days i wake up an m and am super sore, and other days i feel almost normalish wink hard to always tell what tomorrow will bring, but it almost seems like a pattern or pain, then migraines, then back to pain.. Luckily only one at a time, so far!
    • Posted

Yeah, Emily. If you're having an appointment soon it would be a good idea to ask for the following  checks (if you didn't already): Thyroid/TSH/T3; Vitamin D3 levels; Iron, Magnesium, Selenium, inflammation markers (C reactive protein, etc.); reproductive hormones (estradiol, progesterone), etc.

Many of us have all or some of these unbalanced and hence more pain.

Have a good night sleep. X

• Posted

Hi Emily;   from my experience, the "tender/sore Spots" move around the body....I may have 2-3 months of it being it my hip/groin region  becoming painful to sit, and usually find it affects the legs at the same time; then it will be my shoulders/back which radiates down my arms.  My neck is always a problem (but I cannot say if it is always the Fibro/the Osteo/or both)?  I can thankfully say I don't get migraines anymore, as if I Feel the slightest headache, I Treat it straight away....at present I have trouble with my  Jaw/facial muscles, and have to wear a special brace which supports my jaw, as I was finding that to talk/eat is an issue.....the one very important thing that I have found Very important, is to have regular Physio on the parts that are playing up...even this week, after having physio work on my neck/facial muscles...what is known as TMJ....I am having a better week.  Also do have the tests that Teresa has suggested, as I agree that from reading a lot re the latest research, that our Thyroid, and it's hormones, have a lot to do with this condition (even if the thyroid comes back "within normal range"...it's the T3T4 uptake that seems to be the issue....after speaking with another lady on  here, the taking of a small dose of Thyroxin, can help us, and as you are ?in the early stage, we all hope that you can hit it on the head, before it brings you down....can you let us know what medications you are at present taking, as after "much trial and error" there are some that I have found to work, and not others....there are also many vitamins and supplementary natural treatments that  others have found to help.....wishing you a good journey.....smileBron
    • Posted

Hi Bron, thanks for the reply. I'm currently only on flexeril, and xanax. I also have tmj, that's no fun ! I will definitely check out my blood and thyroid levels, i have a son who has hypothyroidism so I'm pretty familiar with those tests. I have had chronic neck / shoulder pain, stiffness and grinding and clicking noises causing tension and migraines. However I'm concerned about what meds to try because i also suffer from very loud chronic tinnitus. So i just be conscious about what im taking. This group is excellent, you are all so helpful, kind, and patient.
    • Posted

Thankyou Emily;   what I have found to help me is 35mgms of Amitriptylline daily (broken down to 10 during day, and 25 at night)...Gabapentin400 -800  depending on my day, and with the Osteo, I take Voltaren, panadol and Pariet (to protect my stomach lining)....valium always at night, as this is what relaxes my neck muscles, and I know that stops the headaches, as when my muscles become taut, that's when the headaches come..the valium also helps with my leg/.facial muscle too. For overall, I also take 20mgs of Oxycontin twice a day....it works for All my pain....yep a Long list, but have been on these meds for a good 2 years, and feel that I/we have finally found what works for me....as for your Tinites...do you take Stemitil? or something in that line?...best of luck.....Bron
    • Posted

They don't have me take anything for the tinnitus, it is loud no matter what, but some meds make it worse. I also have a sensitive stomach with medications... So i need something easy on the tummy... I suffer enough from nausea sad
    • Posted

Sorry Emily;   have they tried you on Stemitil...as that works for both Nausea and Tinnitus?   the only meds that I take that are a problem for my tummy is the Voltaren for the Osteo....I Think the others should be ok?  Your Rheumatologist/pharmicist can give you a run down on what is ok for you, and what to avoid...I find my Pharmacist is very good in that area...that is their job, to know what drugs work with what/not....you can and should, research all you can re Fibro (I think I may have susuggested this yesterday), as this is where I, and others, get our "armery", for want of a better word, before we go for our docs visits....I know you are "just starting out on your journey", but I reckon if I'd known more in the beginning, it may not have taken me sooooo long to understand/know myself and what my isssues were/are???   Keep asking us what you need to know/understand, as there are many very knowledgeable people on here, who have been through the wringer, and will be able to help.   Sending this with all of my thoughts, and an encouraging smile, as I do understand, and feel for you....Bron
    • Posted

Just wanted to add;.....that b....Tinnitus must be driving you MAD...any noise at all upsets me, but to have Tinnitus constantly, and sooo loud, would drive me insane....I do thank the Almighty Being that I don't have that to put up with.....you will always be on my mind, as you have too many things to worry/upset you.....I am going to be "what some would call" going over and beyond....but you are one that I will be sending up some special words to the Almighty for.....................Bron
  • Posted

Hi Emily, I have fibro and osteo and tend to have pain in all my fibro points when I'm tested. Pain in my neck and lumbar spine is very bad due to degenerative disc disease. However since I've begun being treated with thyroxine it certainly take the edge off fibro so I too believe it can be hormone related.
    • Posted

Emily, I also meant to mention that I have suffered from tinnitus sing I was a child so I completely understand what you are going through. I also have a sensitive stomach since contracting superbug colostrum difficile in hospital whilst being treated for campylobacter food poisoning and now have severe constipation. I sometimes wonder why me? 
  • Posted

Hi I have some that are always there, but others come and go, new places replace old, another day another pain, work through them be positive of mind and keep enjoying life xx
  • Posted

Hi Emily,

Yes,they go away when you forget to press on them.Seriously,somtimes I touch my

arms and go Oh my goodness that truly hurts today.And thats any day/any time-whereever theirs muscle/theirs pain.

But-there are creams,bathsalts,oils and other things that will offer short term relief.

find what best helps you/with your Doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.