Do the tablets work that fast?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, just been reading some old posts: people hav been losing lots of weight quickly, one person said they had lost 31pounds in just five wks. Do the tablets work that fast-i cant imagine not being as fat as i am now. :?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I lost 10Lb in the first week. But it quickly slowed down and that seems to be a common experience.

Yes they work quickly the first few days but don't expect that lost to continue at the same pace and when your loss does slow down it is a good thing, don't be disappointed.

My weight also seems to be in a 2-3 week cycle so I loose 1.5 pounds for two weeks and nothing the third. But the third week seems to be when I notice the change in my body.

Use a tape measure as well as the scales.

BTW good luck

• Posted

If it helps to judge the pace of change, here are my figures.

I have lost 60 pounds (27.2 kilos, 4 stone 4 pounds) in 138 days (19 weeks and 4 days).

That is an average of just over 3 pounds a week (0.2 kilos a week).

Just like all othe rest of you, my real life has got to continue around the regime - the world doesn't stop because I am on a diet. My 19 weeks have included an all-inclusive holiday, lots of posh work events and several meals out, and I can't think of any reason why I can't keep it up for a bit longer.

RR

• Posted

Wow, I am well impressed by those figures RR. I've heard you know your stuff so here's hoping to glean some inspiration from you.

My first test will be WW weigh in on Wednesday. I won't have been for 2 weeks so it won't be that accurate but will see what happens.

Amy

• Posted

I should have said ...........That is an average of just over 3 pounds a week (1.38 kilos a week). not 0.2 kilos a week!

What works for me?

- weigh and write down every mouthful

- stick to less than 1400 cals a day - average is about 1350

- 25-30g fat a day - average is about 27

- at least 4 or 5 sweaty exercise sessions a week

- just focussing on next half stone point: the only promise I make to myself is that I will get to that milestone...and then so far I have always felt l very motivated when I do and recommit to the next half stone

Remember that although we want to learn a new pattern of eating, the hard part is not for always. Ssurely we can make a sacrifice for a few months if we want to get to a healthy weight. We have to look the bacon sandwich/crusty bread/brie/cheesecake in the eye and say \" you aren't the only one I will ever be offered in the rest of my life, but no thanks for now\". It took most of us us years to get to the fat place so we have to plan on a few months to get to the healthy place.

If you lose on the same pattern as me, you could be 4 and a half stones less by Christmas - has to be worth a go? Honestly if I can do it, anyone can!

• Posted

That's some really good advice, thank you. I'll have to remember that phrase to the naughty food! It is true, although at the minute I feel as though I'll be eating lettuce for the rest of my life!!

I need some serious help with exercise, I literally feel like I have no time. I work full time and when I get home I just want to crash out and spend time with my other half and daughter. Need to make a concerted effort to start walking/jogging in the evenings.

Will see how I get on, be nice if it's a quick as yours, just need to get the exercise regime licked and I think I'll be there.

Amy

• Posted

HI AMY...I TOO WORK FULL TIME WITH A 9YEAR OLD AND 16MONTH OLD...AND IT IS HARD WORK, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY YOU JUST WANT TO CRASH WHEN YOU GET HOME....SO I POWER WALK 2 MILES 3 TIMES A WEEK WITH MY FRIEND...SO WE KEEP UP THE PACE TOGETHER AND SPUR EACH OTHER ON....I WOULD NOT GO TO THE GYM ITS NO FOR ME AT THE MOMENT...WITH NURSERY AND CHILDMINDING FEE'S I CANT AFFORD TO...SO WALKING IS FREE WE DO GO VERY EARLY IN THE MORNINGS..I GET UP A 5.30 WHILST THE REST OF THE HOUSE IS ASLEEP AND I LOOK A TOTAL SIGHT!!! BUT I AM SURE AS EGGS IS EGGS THAT THIS IS BOOSING MY WEIGHT LOSS AND SELF ESTEEM!!!! TRY IT...ITS HARD WORK BUT WHEN YOUR DONE....YOU FEEL SO GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF!!!!..............IT MAY NOT BE FOR YOU BUT ITS AN IDEA BYE FOR NOW

GOOD LUCK! :roll:

• Posted

Hi Bozzy, certainly seems like a plan. Am thinking about going after the little one is in bed. Either that, or the 5.30am start!! Thanks for the advice, defo need to do something. Have an old bike that I wouldn't mind getting fixed so that I can use it. It's just cracking the habit of loafing on the sofa!!
  • Posted

I also put on an excercise dvd, draw the curtains shut, strip to my undies and give it some effort. You can pick them up on ebay for £5-£10. I like the Mr Motivator ones and also Beverley Callard who goes at a pace I can cope with.

The music cheers you up too and we all enjoy a bit of a dance when no-one is looking don't we?

• Posted

Hi,

Another cheap way of exercising is jogging. I started walking around my reservoir (2 miles), then running and walking and eight weeks in I can now jog all the way round without stopping, so am now just trying to get quicker!

Its amazing how quick your stamina builds up!

Sasx

• Posted

That's genius, I nearly spat my yoghurt over my computer! I'm glad someone else does exercise in their undies, I was doing a bit of WiiFit but got out of the habit. I'm so terrible, can you see a pattern emerging with me?!
  • Posted

Try the Wii Active, a lot more intense and you can really feel as though it is doing some good. I have lost 9 cms of my waist since starting. Sounds daft but look forward to it each day.

Mandy

• Posted

That's interesting, I've heard people say it wasn't worth it, is that the one developed by EA Sports? Will have to look into that on payday (another thing to hide under the bed after a month!!)
  • Posted

No, do not hide it. I have done the 30 day challenge on the first level, I am now on the 2nd level and it certainly makes you sweat. Off to watch neighbours now whilst I bounce on the mini trampoline for half an hour.

Mandy

• Posted

Oooh, where did you get it, someone at work was looking for one recently. Mini trampoline that is!
  • Posted

hi there,

a little exercise tip.

i have a daughter and providing its fairly decent out when my partner gets home, we go across to the field where the park is. my girl goes on the slides and swings, and what do we do, we play tig/tag.

what are you all thinking...you big kids.

you wouldn't believe how much fun we have,

we're spending time together its something you and your partner wouldnt normally do, and your running in and out of the slides and swings that you build up a huge sweat, after 10 mins we're huffing and puffing, so i can tell its working, so its family time, you and partner time, your having fun, the kids r happy and the best bit your shedding the calories,

GO FOR IT

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.