Do you believe in suicide?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Some believe suicide is alright, others disagree. I want to have an open and friendly discussion on this topic. Some people are so depressed about life they just wish for compassion. I understand, but what is your point of view? I believe euthanasia is alright, but not suicide itself. Euthanasia in my point of view isn't suicide. It's compassion. Suicide is when someone isn't strong enough to survive the pains of life and leaves.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

interesting topic which will generate a wide range of views! I do believe 100% in euthanasia and would want this for myself if ever I had a painful, protracted incurable illness. Suicide is very sad too, the person doesn't want to continually be in pain anymore. sadly in most cases the individual cannot see or believe in a better tomorrow. I believe in God, but don't think choosing to die is a an unforgivable sin. God is forgiving and knows us all so well. He knows what level of pain we can and cannot cope with.Suicide for a healthy bodied person is so terribly sad, the opportunity to try and help, often doesn't present itself, eg the person hides how hopeless they are feeling, and gives no indication on what they are about to do.

My view is a personal and honest view, and certain it's one that most people wouldn't agree with.

God bless ♥

• Posted

Hi , I live with a degree of chronic pain, I used to love my gym work and being active and then the osteoarthritis got very bad in my elbow ann the ulner nerve pain in my hand I couldn't continue , this added to a fatigue that know one knows what is causing this, I have no real family or friends only my partner and my two dogs, I beleive that once I have come to a point I can no longer carry on I should be able to obtain medication that ends this suffering before it gets any worse.
    • Posted

Hi diesel

Firstly sorry to hear of your suffering. If you have time, can you explain how your illness affects you long term. can it be kept under control with med? Although I have heard of the condition, I dont know a lot about it. However I know arthritis is extremely painful. Does your medication alleviate the pain but causes you to feel fatigued? It must be very difficult giving up things that gave you enjoyment. So glad to hear you have a caring partner and two lovely dogs. I really hope things never get that bad for either of us! Strange being as we didn't start this thread, the originator of this thread hasn't commented! Sometimes its hard to know if responding truthfully is helpful or unhelpful! Really wish the best for you diesel.

God bless ♥♥♥

• Posted

Hi Lorraine , I have worn my right elbow joint out to put it simply, and the nerve that controls sensation in my little and pinky fingers is damaged and is very painfull , it stops me lifting weights that a loved and was a feel good and I had a large circle of friends , now I'm fatigued all the time I don't enjoy anything anymore , I had a holiday to Cornwall in November , it was a nightmare , tired. Horrendous sweats and all thid stressed me right out do bad I nearly came home halfway , it's not as if I don't make an effort, I try yo throw my clan in the motor and drive of to the south coast( I'm in southend on sea by the way) and when I get there I'm so tired and down I'm almost in tears, I don't know if the fatigue is me, the meds or another condition I've picked up, I've half tried to overdose on morphine a few times but no luck I just woke up up , what is your reason for being on here?
    • Posted

Aww diesel

i understand exactly what fatigue feels like! But can only imagine the pain in your elbow and fingers must be horrendous plus depressing living with the constant pain. Are you going to get tests for your tiredness? Eg blood and blood pressure etc. Could any pain medication be causing it? Even sigh levels of stress/anxiety can give you the symptoms you mention. I had similar symptoms to you last year and was diagnosed with depression. Never been ill in my life prior (55 now) so was put on antidepressants and for six months presented in zombie mode. Fatigue so bad I could get out of bed! After six months I was no better. Gp changed antidepressants and it was like flicking a switch, got better almost instantly. Now 20 days free of antidepressants and its the first day of feeling well again.

Onwards and upwards! Please get yourself those tests for your chronic fatigue, having this condition sucks out all the pleasure in life.

♥♥♥♥

• Posted

I'm thinking a mixture of stress and meds, I am in the middle of an anti dep switch from duloxatine to escitralopran , I'm sitting here now and I feel so sedated hate it, a little Valium before bed Is great but not all day everyday then crashing , I've posted on some other websites , neurotalk healing well health unlocked, and some face book ones like chronic pain we are in this together, cfs support group etc but nothing has really light me up as to thr cause yet.
    • Posted

Hi diesel

i was on citalopram for six months it made me so unwell. Then mirtazipine which made me feel better almost immediately. It's true what they say about finding the right antidepressant. I have heard lots of good things about escitalopram. How far are you in? Are you still taking both? It's going to take some time to settle and re balance in your brain. Don't push yourself to do too much over this period. It's important to listen to your body. I has to stop my antidepressant abruptly and my brain has been in total disarray for 19 days! Day 20 relief! So whether getting these drugs in or out of your system, it is really and truly torturous. Try not committing yourself to anything until you start to feel better.

Please let me know how you get on.

god bless xx

• Posted

Thanks Lorraine I will keep posting, I feel I have to drop my morphine down To see if that's what's causing my fatigue, I've a long uphill road ahead and I've already been through a minefield . Xx del.
    • Posted

Hi del

feel free to private message me, given where on the odd thread of suicide! (On our own at that! Lol)

Look forward to hearing your progress xx

• Posted

Hi Lorraine , will do, are you in uk us? I'm on a facebook site called chronic pain we are in this together , it's not a bad site, I'm also on neurotalk and healing well, both the latter ones deal with the suicide option , I'm not there yet I've got a few things to beat or a least get to the bottom off, it's costing me too much money in coats and boots gifts for my partner for looking after me at the moment, not sure how you pm on this site I'm quite new to it. Be well or if you can't keep trying till you are .⭐️⭐️Del.
    • Posted

Thanks diesel

when you private message you click the envelope next to my name. Interesting the originator of this thread never made a comment!

Jacqueline. ...I agree with you! But guess people are looking for reassurance. ♥

• Posted

hi Lorraine , sorry for the late reply , been having a tough time as usual with tnis fatigue thing, I've seen the envelope now !! Thanks for that I'm still learning my way round these sites and I'm pretty basic as you can tell😩, I'm so tired of trying to figure my fatigue thing I think it's sending me mad? Is it my breathing? Am I eating enough, have I caught something from my dogs? It's like I've no life I'm just surviving, it's constant. Anyway speak soon Lorraine . Peace.x
  • Posted

Suicide is something you do, and Not talk about, before you do it

If you want to talk about it, you don't intend to do it

• Posted

It is a fact that what you have said is not always true and cannot be relied upon.
    • Posted

I concur with Tamarind's reply here.. Suicide might begin as a cry for help (as in talking about it or saying you wish to die) and then escalate to stopping talking about it and actually do it. I have no experience of people taking their lives because of physical pains alone - but I do have of people doing it because of emotional pains. Fact is, once someone has decided that they want to go - there is little another can do. Quite often it happens after doctors and family have been led to believe that they're out of the danger-zone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.