Do you believe people are born bad or are all born good and become bad?

Posted , 6 users are following.

This can go as deep as we'd like to allow it to go or we can squash it and carry on.  I've always been curious about this subject but I do believe we are all born (good) and ALL  can become BAD.  Please share what you believe.

Frustrated

4 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I tend to think that Good and Bad are subjective human perceptions, which are required for society and human beings to interact properly. We require concepts such as Right and Wrong for us to be able to rub along together. However, outside of human society, I don't think that "the universe" sees good and bad. Outside of human society, there just Is, whatever it's consequences. And human history seems to be have been a tug between man's want for and belief in a better society versus the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune", as meted out to us by forces beyond our control. So, what is that force beyond our control? I don't tend to think that it's some bearded wonder sitting up there on a cloud somewhere. I am interested, however, in the Hebrew concept of Yaweh and the idea that there is an omnipresent power and force with its own intentions which are beyond our control.
    • Posted

Hello STD ~

I apologize for not responding right away.  For some reason my emails aren't receiving messages as to who's posted and so forth.

I respect that you respect your concept of Yaweh.  Please respect that I don't see my GOD as someone sitting amiss the clouds with a beard.  I feel my GOD within.  Something like you probably feel your Hebrew concept of Yaweh.

Respect can only go as far as it's given.  Thanking you for your response!

Frustrated

• Posted

The genes of every child come from its parents; genes are neither good nor bad in the sense of character (they may well be 'good' or 'bad' biologically leading to physical traits). So no child is born either good or bad and its development depends upon adults and environment. Every person has the capacity to be either good or bad and a massive mixed variety in between. We make choices.
    • Posted

Jaguar ~

You bring up the word "choices".  However, how is a child able to make a choice if their environment is so unhealthy they aren't even aware of choices?

I believe that every person born is born good.  As, they don't even have the concept of bad until they are older and perhaps it's too late for a change.  Is it ever too late?

So if a child doesn't have the capacity of "choices", are they considered responsible if they live in an environment of bad/evil?  Take a child, innocent child, and the parent asks them to "steal" for them while they cover.  Is that childh held responsible for that?  Do they have to repent that as a sin?  The fine line is, where does "child" stop and "reason of choices" begin?

Frustrated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.