Do You Black Out On Manic Episodes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

When I have a MANIC episode with my BI-POLAR Disorder I don't remember what occurs. My Manic Phase comes out in fits of anger sometimes very sever. It is a blind rage. Do others have the same issue in remembering what occurs during a manic episode?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes i do. Most of my manic or hypomanic episodes are characterized by extreme anger and blind rage and it can come out of nowhere, or so it appears to others. And i often can't remember the details afterwards of what i said or what triggered it. It is very distressing for me and for those who witness it. I often have a lot of apologising to do.

• Posted

Yes my manic phase shows as anger, irritability and a very very short fuse. And I feel this way as well during the depression phase of the cycle. I have to be so careful not to act out on these feelings of rage. If I do I am at risk of losing my medical facility privileges and even my living situation because I am in government funded housing and there are a lot of rules concerning how one acts amongst the other residents. There is a lot about the world as it is that causes me extreme rage as well but these feelings stay mostly internal although I belong to sites where I can vent my feelings.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.