Do you cry on citalopram?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am day 20 on Cital 20mg and I don't feel and emotions...:( I feel tension which is crazy but I cannot even cry. Will it pass? I want to feel better but while being on meds i also want to feel emotions - does it work like that?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi outoffthebox the ways you are feeling is due too your side effects.They will; go when you have reached approx 8/10 weeks

• Posted

it does for some and not for others, for me i was a cold person on citalopram, since dropping i have my emotions back x

• Posted

I had that exact issue which actually started after I went on Citalopram, 7 months on it now, (6 months on 20mg) and I just decreased down to 15mg to see if that would help and it has, I have to say 3 weeks into the decrease and I already feel my emotions coming back, and I am able to do much more then I was on 20mg. I think there is a point where it's just too high of a dose for certain people and I'm noticing now that the numb feeling just might be an effect of being on too high of a dose.

Best Wishes!

• Posted

that is correct.higher doses for sure numb feelings.

• Posted

10mg was enough to numb me lol

• Posted

thank goodness i only experience numbness for the first two months .then it all came back.in a good way .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.