Do you ever think all this anxiety & stress has damage your heart?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm curious is anyone thinks that this 24/7 stress and anxiety has damaged your heart.  I think this a lot lately, coz i've been under such stress & anxiety in the past month and depressed as well.  I went to the doc last week and he listened very closely to my heart and said it was fine.  But then I wonder, I guess no one knows.  They say stress and anxiety is not good for you, but will it cause heart problems later?  The doc said it might in 20-30 years.  I guess with my thyriod levels being off also and post menapausal I wonder about it.  I'm only 53, but with all this I feel so much older.  Im not at all the same person I was a year ago, since the dizziness started, I've been a wreck, so afraid of it.  Really more afriad of the cause, they tell me inner ear migraine associated vertifgo, but with health anxiety and dizziness being a sign of heart attack I think badly,  But the doc said that type of dizziness comes and goes and can make you faint and he said what I have is there most of the day if not all day somedays.  So I was just curious if anyone else thinks this.

Thanks for listening.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Patty, I worry about this a lot, i suffer with depression, anxiety and panic disorders and have done for over 10 years now and no matter how many times people tell me panic attacks don't physically harm you i tend to dibelieve that my heart racing at more than 100+ beats per minute for a prolonged time has no affect on it. It's just not plausable.

If i over work any muscle in my body there is pain there the next day or a strain etc so how can the same not be said for my heart??

I know the muscle that is your heart is very strong ergo to beat for a life time, but that's still a muscle!

i worry about this and the strains of my anxiety and depression, because that in itself is a strain, all the time. It just can't be doing nothing, that's implausable.

Just wish someone would be upfront about it.

• Posted

Im around your age and many of your symptoms i have endured. I think its a worse idea to focus on it. Find anything and everything that makes you smile. The only way to keep the heart in stabile health is eating healthy and happiness. I know this is an anxiety forum and we all have a disorder but outside the moments of panic or anxiety you have to find something to make you smile or laugh. Find a little hobby that brings you peace of kind. Walk everyday, get in those steps. Thats all you can do. Dont waste the next  x amount years worrying about the muscles in your heart..live now. I have been thinking about all this lately myself and you know what i have wasted almost three decades on this anxiety and worrying about ailments but i do find the time to be happy too, we arent getting younger here.im post menapausal muself so its not i dont understand but i do understand this is the quarter of our lives and we need to live and find some enjoyment now. 
    • Posted

You ever think of the ramifications of what all this negative thinking does? The irony that we all get nervous of side effects of medications or symptoms? But yet we poison our mind and body with negative thoughts and in some cases visualizations of illness or death?  What would be the one thing that you think could heal you? 
  • Posted

I don't think it will cause harm in the long run. Cortisone is the stress chemical which can be harmful in large amounts but the harm us more to your mind than your organs.

Try walking, yoga and mindfulness to lower your cortisone X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.