Do you experience thesr symptoms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys, I've been dealing with GERD for a few years now and have symptoms that I am not sure what to do. My throat and upper chest burns even when I haven't eaten anything and is worse trying to sleep. My throat becomes stiff and cracks, when I start burning I get hot flashes and sweating under my arms. I can't seem to find any information about my symptoms other than the burning. Does anyone else feel hot when it flares up and how do you get relief to sleep?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You have to combat the burning your feeling. Are you taking any medication? I would recommend that you do eat, but eat netural foods such as oatmeal for a breakfast in the morning which should help to calm it, drink ginger tea, lemon ginger tea or green tea as well, eat rice which is also bland and netural for your stomach or steamed veggies as a dinner. See if that may help give you a little relieve.
    • Posted

please can you tell me if drinking tea can make my reflux worse iv cut out coffee..
    • Posted

You cannot drink any tea. It has to be decaf, and drinking ginger tea, green tea or lemon ginger tea should help your stomach, not upset it more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.